Ron Pope Motorsports                California Custom Roadsters               

1.75 brake pucks

blownchebby said:
Where do you get new brake pucks for wilwood 175s or the billet spot calipars.

Wilwood 150-1251K - Wilwood Cold Stopper Brake Pads - summitracing.com

wil-150-1251k_w_m.jpg

$31.95 a pair...

Rick's right, it's not only temp ratings but rotor materials as well. Some brake pads don't start working until their real hot, some are rated for cooler temps. Some brake pad compounds are rated only for steel rotors, or cast iron rotors, or even aluminum. The Wilwood site has an excellent tech section on all their pads.

David

Rick said:
Be sure you get the right compound for the weight of the car.I went to Wilwoods web site and there are a bunch of different compounds for different applications.So be carfull you might get something that wont stop you.
I just went back and there is only one now.Two years ago there were abunch

LumenAl said:
Rick,

I don't think these pads have options... did you see any?
Not this time Al but brian gave me the name of the place were they got the Pucks and there was a ton of different compounds.I sent him an e-mail for the place.Two years ago He said not to get one of the compounds cause it was to hard.I'll post what i find out.

got a friend that found some brake material in bulk and got a hole saw and made his own. And the ones he made did not squeak and make noise like the store bought ones.

I will ask. But I believe he saw the material laying around at one of the shops he inspects at and asked for some scrap.

Just do a search. Try bulk friction brake material.

Hi blownchebby,

I don't know if this will help, but good old McMaster Carr has friction materials for sale they claim are used for brake and clutch linings. They have a bunch of types including "semi-metallic" and "non-metallic" strips. I bet with a hole saw like mentioned earlier, you could make these pretty easy.

McMaster-Carr

Their website sometimes won't let you direct link, so if the link above doesn't work, do a search on their website on "brake lining" and you'll see it.

David

Ron Pope Motorsports                Advertise with Us!     
Back