Ron Pope Motorsports                California Custom Roadsters               

1925 Model T Project Car - Restoration

LumenAl

New thread... new project. At the beginning of every project is the idea of wanting to do something, so with a chance posting by RPM, it was just enough to trigger the sequence of events and Monday I'll send a Certified check to finalize the transaction, get paperwork handled in next couple of weeks and have the car shipped 2,643 miles to my house...

So here is the car as it sits in Sevierville, TN. Major HUGE shout out to Ron Pope who drove over 50 miles to look at the car for me! :clap:

So my 1925 T-bucket is getting a garage buddy... the project begin with the purchase...

teemodel008.jpg

teemodel009.jpg

teemodel010.jpg

teemodel011.jpg

teemodel012.jpg

teemodel013.jpg

teemodel014.jpg

teemodel015.jpg

This is not going to be a hot rod, as tempting as that may be, I am going to do a restoration and keep it as authentic as possible ... end game... 1925 T-bucket and a original 1925 Henry Model T... I'm excited about the opportunity to learn a lot during the process.

WOW That is really cool !! Congratulations !
Be sure and keep us up to date

HOLY SMOKES!:eek: Al, I know you'll do her right. Look at all that gennie tin! The hairs on my neck stood up!:rolleyes:

PLEASE KEEP US UPDATED!

Edit: RPM is THE MAN.

Man am I glad you bought that! I was hoping someone here was gonna get it so we could watch it come back to life. Way cool of RPM to go check it out for you, two thumbs up!!
I was following the sale thread and I have to be honest as much as I like a hot rod had I not just bought my bucket project I would have been on the road to get that and restore it.
Good luck!!

Man what a stroke of luck i know u will turn that ole gal into a show piece.

Al, what are you plans for her? Are you going to tr and keep the fenders? (I kinda hope you will.):lol:

very cool picture Rodder...love seing contrats like this at shows so people can see the before and after.

Ron

rodder25 said:
Do you mean sort of like this? Before and after steroids!!!! :lol:

vbpgimage.php

Exactly Rodder! Having them side by side in the garage will be a very cool thing...

tfeverfred said:
Al, what are you plans for her? Are you going to tr and keep the fenders? (I kinda hope you will.):D

Absolutely... goal is to restore it to as close to OEM as possible with the exception of updating components in the engine to handle non leaded fuel, or improved parts like updating babbitt bearing throughout drive-train where updates are available, etc.

Youngster - Ron is it unusual or odd that the drivers side doesn't have an outline of the door?

teemodel008.jpg

Al,

SUBSCRIBE!

Congratulations! We have several fully restored Model T's that run around Old Town Fort Collins on the weekends. It's fun to walk up to a 100+ year old building and see three or four of them parked out in front. You think "Whoa! Time Warp!" I just love that unique sound of their little four bangers when they go rolling by on their wooden spoke wheels! Is it going to be semi-gloss black, just how Henry would have done it?

Your restoration thread is going to be a lot of fun. :lol:

Take care,

David

i noticed that too Al. Henry never bult one that way. that was the major detail that gave strength to that side of the body. i suspect some body repair has been done there and on the pass side, side cowl pannels. not to worry. you know someone with some original pannels to spec from.

Ron

Youngster said:
i noticed that too Al. Henry never bult one that way. that was the major detail that gave strength to that side of the body. i suspect some body repair has been done there and on the pass side, side cowl pannels. not to worry. you know someone with some original pannels to spec from.

Ron

It's good to know people! :)

RexRod said:
Al,

SUBSCRIBE!

...I just love that unique sound of their little four bangers when they go rolling by on their wooden spoke wheels! Is it going to be semi-gloss black, just how Henry would have done it?

... :D

Take care,

David

Well David... color is the last thing on my mind at this point so all I can say is most likely... but ya never know with me! :)

LumenAl said:
updating components in the engine to handle non leaded fuel

It is my understanding that when the T's were new, gas didn't have lead.

an interesting point. for those of you working with a flathead, Mr. Ford used hard valves. you can run unleaded with no additives. i'm not sure about the T motor. have to do some checking on that.

Ron

thanks for the post dovehunter. cool stuff.

Ron

Now I understand why gas was called Ethyl.

Ron Pope Motorsports                Advertise with Us!     
Back