Ron Pope Motorsports                California Custom Roadsters               

1st time builder cutting doors

kenwood

This is my first time assembling a t-bucket (or any other car for that matter). Here are pictures from cutting the doors, hinges, hanging doors and installing a bear claw latch. I would appreciate any feedback for improvements or suggestions. Thanks! -Ken DSCI0774.JPGDSCI0776.JPGDSCI0784.JPGDSCI0787.JPGDSCI0790.JPGDSCI0788.JPGDSCI0802.JPGDSCI0781.JPGDSCI0805.JPG DSCI0781.JPGDSCI0772.JPG

This is my first time assembling a t-bucket (or any other car for that matter). Here are pictures from cutting the doors, hinges, hanging doors and installing a bear claw latch. I would appreciate any feedback for improvements or suggestions. Thanks! -KenDSCI0772.JPGDSCI0774.JPGDSCI0777.JPGDSCI0781.JPGDSCI0784.JPGDSCI0787.JPGDSCI0790.JPGDSCI0802.JPGDSCI0804.JPGDSCI0805.JPGDSCI0772.JPGDSCI0774.JPGDSCI0777.JPGDSCI0784.JPGDSCI0787.JPGDSCI0790.JPGDSCI0802.JPGDSCI0804.JPGDSCI0805.JPG

Way to go KEN!!! I'm glad that you FINALLY got the courage to start posting the fine work that you are doing. Keep it up because I know that there will be a lot of interest in your quality build.

Jim

P.S. I don't know much but I know quality when I see it.

I've known Ken since about 1964 when he was about in 4th grade. He is a carpenter by trade but he believes in doing things right. Even though we are about twelve years apart in age we have always had each others back.

Jim

I spy a pretty trick '27...Tube frame, IFS, SBC with a stick, steel floor and reinforcement, 4 wheel discs... :thumbsup: We need more pics!!!!!!! Details! Details!:)

Love the door work...very nice.

Welcome to the Forum!

Ron from RPM has some good info, too. Thats how I did mine....

Your idea of using a rod thru the hinges to keep them aligned and spaced correctly was exactly what I came up with on my 23 track T this is a longtime project started by someone else 35 years ago. It didn't originally involve a door but after knee surgery I realized I wasn't going to be able to climb over as planned years ago. Seeing as door pins were an odd dia. I turned a bar in my lathe to fit worked like a charm.

You sir are a craftsman. Great job.

Ron Pope Motorsports                Advertise with Us!     
Back