Ron Pope Motorsports                California Custom Roadsters               

23 Bucket to Phaeton / Touring T-Bucket

Barret Roosa

So, This is what I bought:
AF1QipPgzYkZ0beDU8sYNVqMNrlfcest6u7BqBVXNsea
Original%20small_zpsgwghpybh.jpg

Nice work, keep it up!

Glad to see you figured out that posting photo thing! ;)

The body was extended 30 inches and the frame 23. I made up some room in the front by moving the radiator forward and eliminating the mechanical fan and replacing it with an electric. I was able to shave off a few inches in the back by getting rid of the transverse spring cradle and mounting it directly under the rear cross bar.

Lots of follies along the way. If you notice in the engine pic, 2 of the plugs are broken. Well, do yourself a favor and whenever removing or replacing the motor, rent a hoist. I tried to lift it from the bottom and build cribbing underneath so I could roll the frame out from under. Well that actually worked until I was trying to lower it back down onto the dollies. Something got uneven and the motor came crashing down. Not a good day!

I look forward to questions and suggestions, because as we all know these things are never completely done......

Barret

Very nice work. I'm really impressed with your interior wooding.

Just wondering if anyone can use the back seat?

Just wondering if anyone can use the back seat?
Yup. The front seat is adjustable. With it full back like in the pic I am very comfortable, 6'2" and 250. When I have company, I can slide it forward enough to allow a size 11 shoe/foot to wedge under the front seat. Not a perfect arrangement, but I really didn't want to go any longer. The turn radius is already about 200 feet......

Ron Pope Motorsports                Advertise with Us!     
Back