Ron Pope Motorsports                California Custom Roadsters               

23 c cab

terry porter

I just traded for a 23 c cab patty wagon 350 chevy 350 auto ford 9'' rear .need front brake set up spoke wheels spindle has 4 hole for back plate but ?not shure how to set it up. or what I need.thanks traded a vw gazelle 29 kit 37 buick and 54 Plymouth for this.23 850 miles on build.

Sounds cool, Terry! Welcome from St Louis. C-cabs are getting more popular, and offer a nice alternative to the 'open' roadsters. Plus, you've got built-in storage space!:thumbsup:

PS - Does it look like this one?

Paddy Wagon.jpg

Hi Terry, I've just joined the group as well and asked a similar question about setting up brakes on spindle wheels in the brake forum section. You might check it out. My current wheels are old school magnesium and do not have the four holes for the rotor - will have to replace them.

Just an FYI there is a guy on the H.A.M.B. ( racer x ) w ho runs mag spindle mount with brakes , he had them machined to accept rotors , you might check it out and/ or contact him . He had a hard time replacing them after an accident....

Hi Terry, I've just joined the group as well and asked a similar question about setting up brakes on spindle wheels in the brake forum section. You might check it out. My current wheels are old school magnesium and do not have the four holes for the rotor - will have to replace them.
I had mine machined to accept rotors. It’s not as simple as just modifying the wheels, you have to make an adapter and relocate the wheel seal. If you have the ability to do it or know a machinist, I can show you what we came up with and provide the seal part number, etc... in hind sight, I may have opted to sell my old school magnesium wheels and buy modern ones because the value of the old school rims would offset the cost. I wanted to keep the old school mags and my best friend is a very good machinist so that weighed in on the decision. I’m pretty sure that I posted pics on my photo thread if they didn’t get removed via the photo share fiasco.

Ron Pope Motorsports                Advertise with Us!     
Back