Ron Pope Motorsports                California Custom Roadsters               

'23 Roadster Build

dcmalone

I've been wearing the search button out and decided I might as well start a build thread. It may be a bit early to start a thread but I figured it couldn't hurt. I was originally going to build my own frame, but after figuring in the cost of material and not having a jig it seemed more cost effective to go with an RPM frame and body. I had the pleasure of meeting Ron face-to-face and placed my order before I left Kodak. I should be picking both up sometime in March as long as the weather holds out. Being that I'm 6'1" and 200ish lbs I went with the stretch body. After sitting in the Speedway Tribute T at Goodguys I wanted all the extra legroom I could get. I was able to pick up an 2001 S10 rearend with disc brakes from a guy that pulled it for another project and then decded it wouldn't fit. Lucky me, all I had to do was carry it from his garage to my truck without having to lay under one in a junkyard this time of year. He got what he had in it and I got a smokin' deal. Worked out for everybody. That being said, I pulled the calipers off and have started the cleanup process on those one piece at a time. This is going to be a project completed with my Dad and son. I figure 3 generations of guys working on a roadster build should be some fun times. To prevent too much rambling in the threads first post I'll include a picture of the rear and caliper bracket, and will post pictures as I go. Hopefully the pictures aren't to big. If so let me know and I'll scale them down.
S10 Rearend.png
Caliper Bracket.png

You will be happy with Ron's frame and stretched body. That is what I have. I was a welder/fabricator for 15 years before beginning a career in law enforcement and I can tell you his frame as well as all the other parts I have bought from him are top notch. He is a great guy to deal with. Good luck on the build! I look forward to seeing the progress.

You will be happy with Ron's frame and stretched body. That is what I have. I was a welder/fabricator for 15 years before beginning a career in law enforcement and I can tell you his frame as well as all the other parts I have bought from him are top notch. He is a great guy to deal with. Good luck on the build! I look forward to seeing the progress.

Thanks, I've been following your build and have read your thread several hundred times I think. I just retired from a career in law enforcement and am finishing up my military career now. Ron's a great guy and will absolutely answer any question, sometimes more than once. I look forward to seeing any progress too.

Any more law men building T-Buckets and we will all be good to go in titling our Buckets legally.;);):):sneaky::sneaky: Once saw a picture of a Bucket that was owned by a police force I believe from Pa. Sharp car.

Any more law men building T-Buckets and we will all be good to go in titling our Buckets legally.;);):):sneaky::sneaky: Once saw a picture of a Bucket that was owned by a police force I believe from Pa. Sharp car.
I wonder who they stole, I mean confiscated it from? Lol, just kidding Barney, put your bullet back!

I'm already dreading the titling part. I started a 3" binder to put every receipt with pictures of parts, etc in. Hopefully it won't be too painful when that time comes. There really isn't any good guidance as to what to do and depending on what you read you get different answers. Nashville has a phone number listed for kit car titling listed under the health department...go figure. I really need some warmer weather so I can paint calipers and other random stuff.

I'm already dreading the titling part. I started a 3" binder to put every receipt with pictures of parts, etc in. Hopefully it won't be too painful when that time comes. There really isn't any good guidance as to what to do and depending on what you read you get different answers. Nashville has a phone number listed for kit car titling listed under the health department...go figure. I really need some warmer weather so I can paint calipers and other random stuff.
I think it's like a lot of bureaucratic stuff and depends on the actual people you deal with at the agency. I have had different feelings after doing the same thing at different locations when applying for salvage titles... Just get the info from your states bmv and do your best to comply. If there are guys at a car show or something you attend, ask them. You can get some good pointers from them sometimes. If it has or had a serial or vin number, or came from something that did, you will likely need to prove ownership with a vin and receipt, etc... I hate that stuff too! They make it difficult to do the right thing it seems. Each state seems to be different on that issue.

RPM can help you out in Tenn.

I have titled two rail buggies for the street in Nashville. not fun. save every receipt and take notes and pictures. I hope this T build goes easy.

I had a nice surprise in the mailbox when I got home today. Ron sent me the lower shock mounts and radius arm brackets for the rear axle. I am now officially behind in the build, not that I have a schedule to keep on it. He's got a super sweet deal on a complete rear suspension set up. It almost makes it a no brainer and comes with excellent tech support. Pictures to be added when I have a little more light.

I had a nice surprise in the mailbox when I got home today. Ron sent me the lower shock mounts and radius arm brackets for the rear axle. I am now officially behind in the build, not that I have a schedule to keep on it. He's got a super sweet deal on a complete rear suspension set up. It almost makes it a no brainer and comes with excellent tech support. Pictures to be added when I have a little more light.
10-4 on the pics.. wait for me...

Work got in the way of everything. Nothing new to post, but I still owe pics of the brackets. They're coming I promise.

Work got in the way of everything. Nothing new to post, but I still owe pics of the brackets. They're coming I promise.
I finally got up there and got all my stuff trailered home. Build thread officially started.

Last edited:

Ron Pope Motorsports                Advertise with Us!     
Back