Ron Pope Motorsports                California Custom Roadsters               

23 T

plumbronco

Anyone recognize these old headers. They have 3 1/2" 3 bolt collectors on the ends. I need to replace them because the chrome is pealing off and they are discolored. I really like the shape of them and cannot seem to find this same style at JEGS, SUMMIT, or SPEEDWAY.pump.jpg Grass.jpg

That's a classy clean look, Love it! May I ask how you mounted your lanterns below the windshield, and the steps? Thanks, Scott

Thank you. The lanterns are just a couple bolts that go through the body with a metal backing plate on the opposite side. The steps are screwed to steel plates that are welded to a bracket off the frame.

They can't be re-chromed / powder coated / ceramic coated?

I may just spray them with some of that ceramic paint until I find new ones. These have mufflers welded up inside of them which would be a mess to grind out, and the chrome is coming off in chunks so even freshly sprayed with paint they will not look that great. It is just time to replace them.

They can be professionally re-coated with polished aluminum ceramic. A good coater will strip/ blast them down to bare detail before coating. A good coating like we do in our shop will make those headers look good and last for many additional for years.

Ron Pope Motorsports                Advertise with Us!     
Back