Ron Pope Motorsports                California Custom Roadsters               

23 Tbucket 40 Bed

Re: Try Old Dog Street Rods

Does anybody know how long the bed is on Darryl Starbird's Big T ? it looks to be somewhere between 30" and 40". i checked the Old Dog catalog and they list both sizes.

twannabe said:
Does anybody know how long the bed is on Darryl Starbird's Big T ? it looks to be somewhere between 30" and 40". i checked the Old Dog catalog and they list both sizes.

It's hard to tell...

DarylStarbird1.jpg

but it looks to me to be about the same length as the rear of the cab to the middle of the door which on my car is 30 inches...

I'm guessing the 30" would be closer. From the picture it looks like the bed is about the same length as the rear slick. most of them were 28' or 29" tall. There was a spread on a clone of this car about 2 years ago in either R&C or Street Rodder.

Ron

The R&C article on the clone lists it as a Model A box cut down to 28 inches.

I've always got to laugh when I see that picture of the Big T. They flipped the negitive. That was such an awesome car. The best part of that whole story is the fact that you could see how that car was built buy buying either the 1:8 or the 1:24 scale model. It even came with an instruction sheet that you could use to build a real one. Monogram really had their ducks in a row on this one. Too bad they didn't get together with Darrel and document the build as a series in one of the mags.

Ron

Ron Pope Motorsports                Advertise with Us!     
Back