Ron Pope Motorsports                California Custom Roadsters               

'23 windshield posts

deanm

I've been looking at speedway etc. for windshields where i will get the support I need without the forward down rods. They sell the short mounts but the longer ones will not adapt to the 20 inch tube all around windshield. We will sit fairly low in the bucket and 16 inch requires no supports and might work to keep us from getting wind blown.? Any distributors out there that sell a longer side support for a 20" windshield? Any thoughts, or vendors or ideas will be very helpful. Thanks Dean

The short ones will give you plenty of support unless you just want the look of the taller stanchions. If you think about it the mounting points for the short and the long are the same so their is no strength advantage. I got mine at CCR 95.00 per set. JMHO

The short ones will give you plenty of support unless you just want the look of the taller stanchions. If you think about it the mounting points for the short and the long are the same so their is no strength advantage. I got mine at CCR 95.00 per set. JMHO

Who is CCR do you have a number? I saw Spirit ind will call trhem tommorow Thanks Dean

CCR = California Custom Roadsters, one of the oldest T-bucket compnaies out their.

I've seen several 20 inch tall windshields without supports wind up in the drivers lap at 60-70 MPH . You either need to support them or lean them back.

I've been looking at speedway etc. for windshields where i will get the support I need without the forward down rods. They sell the short mounts but the longer ones will not adapt to the 20 inch tube all around windshield. We will sit fairly low in the bucket and 16 inch requires no supports and might work to keep us from getting wind blown.? Any distributors out there that sell a longer side support for a 20" windshield? Any thoughts, or vendors or ideas will be very helpful. Thanks Dean

My car has the shorter 14" TP windshield and I have used both the straight and layed back posts. The straight post give you that extra bit of wind clearance and it makes a big difference. You mentioned that you sit fairly low so I don't know if you really need a 20" windshield unless it is the style you are after.

Ron Pope Motorsports                Advertise with Us!     
Back