Ron Pope Motorsports                California Custom Roadsters               

26-27 T Coupe

RPM

Administrator
Staff member
Forum Sponsor
I scored a 26-27 T Coupe body today. It does not have any doors. :welcome: I'll get some pics of it in a little while. Does anybody have a doors for this thing? I also read some place that some Model A doors might fit it, if so which ones?

Hey, I read somewhere that Coupes are for chickens. Now where did I see that? :think:

jbisme said:
Hey, I read somewhere that Coupes are for chickens. Now where did I see that? :think:

I don't hav a clue what you are talking about;)

anyway here is a pic of the lateset edition.
P1010037-3.jpg

Doors be the hardest thing to find, Not sure on the Model A doors

The '28 -'29 pick up doors are the same as the coupe doors Ron. looks good. What are your plans for it? There was one up here that only showed up at back to the fifties for a lot of years. Awesome car. it was on a T bucket frame like the one from the first car craft series.

Ron

Howell's Sheetmetal has skin panels for the doors and other patch panels

Dean can give you the absolute exact facts about the door but from what I know the 28-29 Model A Pickup used the same doors as the 26-27 Coupe.

The doors will be terribly expensive.

Also, it appears the cowl you have is not the 26-27 Coupe cowl.

I've been looking for a Coupe for so long it's not even funny because I want to build a Model T Extended Cab pickup.

I've come to the conclusion that a Model T coup or sedan Cowl added to the front of a 28-29 Model A Pickup and then add a window to make it an extended cab will be what I probably end up with. Coupes are too hard to find at a price I can afford.

Keep me up to date on your project... I'm jealous.

A lot of potential you got there. It's in good hands.

The doors on that image above look pretty simple Ron. I bet you can just make them. And that cowl, if it's not a 26-27, it looks so close I'm sure you can make it work with little effort. I also think a 500 Caddy in that thing would be perfect!

Not too many of those things left. Nice find. :cool:

Doors are a REAL pain to locate. I finaly found a set of doors and cowl for my '27 Tudor Sedan on E-bay.

It's strange but a lot of sellers do not know exactly what they are selling and are listed incorrectly. Many months ago my '27 Tudor Sedan (no doors and cowl) was listed in vintage tin as "Body" with a picture.

Last week I located another '27 Tudor Sedan body with doors and cowl on E-bay listed as "32 Model A Body". ?????

Long story short... I now have a complete '27 Tudor Sedan body and the rear half of another '27 Tudor Sedan body.

The cowl and doors for a '26-'27 Sedan, Coupe and Pickup are the same. The Roaster and Touring doors and cowl are completely diferent.

'28-'30 Model A cowl and doors will fit but the body lines are not the same as the '26-'27.

mr27t said:
... Last week I located another '27 Tudor Sedan body with doors and cowl on E-bay...

Lucky you!
I wish there was one around here (or I had $$ to get one brought in). There are only a few T's in these parts... only originals and no Tudors or coupes that I know of :sob:
I'll be making the body for my Tudor basically from scratch. I'd love to make paper patterns of a Tudor body an take measurements as a reference.
I have the remains of an open touring so that will have to do as a starting place.
Doors will definitely be an issue.
It will be next year before I get to the body though, Still doing the mechanicals.
Maybe a miracle will happen. :pray:

This is my inspiration...

I am looking for doors and probably won't do anything with this till I find a set. I have been kicking around the idea of build a pair of them. The belt line would be the big problem.

Yes, I would expect the belt line and the area imediately above it for the window would be the challenge.
I guess a bead roller some buck/hammer-forming and a shrinker stretcher would be the standard way?
I'll have to build mine. I just don't have the budget for buying them.

I also am thinking that it would be a good investment to buy a really nice set and start build some glass ones as nobody has a glass doors for these cars They seem to be getting very popular.

I agree. From what I've seen they are rare and WAY too expensive for guys like me to consider buying anything in decent condition.
You could probably make a fair bit of coin.
Getting them straight and accurate would be a challenge too. And since most old bodies are out of shape you might consider laying up a set with more material on the edges (bigger that the stock opening) so people could grind them to fit.
Just a thought.

I love T coupes. Just have patience and keep watching Ebay Ron, they show up periodically. Even if the bottoms are gone lots of places carry skins. Really envy you, someday I'm going to build one too.

Here is some inspiration for you.

tcoupe8-1.jpg

tcoupe7-1.jpg

tcoupe5-1.jpg

Don

Ron Pope Motorsports                Advertise with Us!     
Back