Ron Pope Motorsports                California Custom Roadsters               

26-27 T Coupe

Glade to see that you found yourself one RPM!
I found my doors on the E-bay ,and they can be pricey.
Heres what mine looks like so fare.Thinking of shotining it down some .

Y-odd is right. Thw doors from a '28 or '29 A pickup inter-change with the 'T coupes.

Chopper is also right. The cowl you have is from a '21 to '25 coupe or sedan. The '26 type is curved on the top, the earlier ones are nearly flat. Look for a cowl with the firewall still in it. The cowl you want will have one simular to the roadster and the touring bodies. Chances are the toe board shelves will be there to.

When your looking for the quarter and back window frames, check for rust on the bottom section. That's where they go first. The back one can be made of 2 '29 type frames.

As for the doors, look for a set of originals. The tops don't have much material in them. Glass one would be very hard to build because of that.
they are simplly made so repairing them isn't too bad. As i said Howel's has some rough patches but i know you would be able to make them work.

let me know if you need anything else. I put the word out here for a cowl and doors for ya.

Ron

barnbikes "Saw this and thought the picture might help. To far away from you and probably could make them cheaper."

THAT is exactly what I want to build, and a price I might be able to afford. You close to it?

Dang, why's it so far away?

I really want that.

T-Odd

This is a Model A extended cab pickup that was bouncing around Knoxville NSRA event in 2007.

504710685_011e4dba5b.jpg

It was Ford powered (I like that), bobbed bed (I like that too), extended cab (my long legs really want that), and GREEN (OH YEAH!).

Replace the 28-29 Model A cowl with a 26-27 Model T Coupe or Sedan cowl and it would be exactly what I want to build.

The craigslist item posted by barnbikes looks like what I've been looking for...

3n33k73pe5O15T85R19af2a716c005f3d18d2.jpg

Dig it!

504678378_811cfc4cf2.jpg

T-odd ... The green Model A is actually a 2dr sedan cowl and doors. The quarters are made up from two more doors. Very nicely done.

Ron

THAT is exactly what I want to build, and a price I might be able to afford. You close to it?

Dang, why's it so far away?

I really want that.

T-Odd

The cab is like 2 hours away from me where my parents live.

Hey Ron, both of the doors you need are on Ebay right now.

Item number:280412525523

Item number:280412526665

They won't go cheap, but you might look long and hard to find another set this good, and he has good feedback. Sometimes you just have to bite the bullet..........:lol::)

Don

RPM said:
I scored a 26-27 T Coupe body today. It does not have any doors. :lol: I'll get some pics of it in a little while. Does anybody have a doors for this thing? I also read some place that some Model A doors might fit it, if so which ones?

Ron, there's a guy on the HAMB selling roadster doors. Maybe you could do a little fabbing and make them work. Here's the link:

1926/27 Model T Roadster Doors - THE H.A.M.B.

There's also this! Wish I had the skills and money to get it on the road.

http://www.jalopyjournal.com/forum/showthread.php?t=408059&highlight=model+doors

Ron, I don't like to spend another guys money, but if you are really serious about the coupe project you should really jump on those two. Even if they go to $ 600.00 each they look like they are in really nice shape and you would look long and hard to find another matched set that clean. Generally the ones I see are rotted out the bottom half of the door or so.

One time I won 4 doors for a Model A on Ebay, they were in North Carolina and were mint. I figured I would just drive the 14 hours each way and pick them up as the ad said "must pick up, no shipping." Then I had an idea. I asked the seller if I were to send him custom made shipping crates that he only had to unscrew the lid off of, slip the doors inside (two doors per crate) and put the lid back on, would he do that? He agreed, so my Son Dan and I built two crates out of plywood to the exact dimensions of the doors (we had another identical set of doors for another project) and I Fed Ex'd them to the guy. After he put the doors in I issued a call tag and they came back in mint condition.

It cost me $ 200 for the shipping but saved a long drive, and I scored four mint rust free doors. So sometimes you just have to do whatever you need to do to get a special part to complete your project.

BTW Ron, the doors close 5 minutes apart, so you will have to be really sharp in your bidding if you want to win them. PM me if you aren't that familiar with the ins and outs of Ebay, I've sold and bought a ton of stuff over the years and have bidding down to the point where I score 99% of the time. I'd be glad to share some ideas with you.

Good luck Bud,

Don

barnbikes "
The cab is like 2 hours away from me where my parents live. "

You heading that way any time soon? Got any room for storage?

Sorry for the threadjack Ron...

Great! All the nice bodies are always in New Mexico, or Nevada, or anywhere but FLORIDA !!:cry:

That is a really nice one for $ 1500.00.

Don

donsrods said:
Great! All the nice bodies are always in New Mexico, or Nevada, or anywhere but FLORIDA !!:D

That is a really nice one for $ 1500.00.

Don

Hahahahahhahha, that is what I thought when I lived in Canada so I moved to Louisiana expecting to be close to some good deals. One of the first cars I bought was from Minnesota so go figure.

Has anyone seen the Russ Nomore bodies before? I seen them last year at a show and they look nice but I felt that there doors never lined up nice with the body. You could see right through when the door was closed.

Well we scored 1 door today for the coupe. The right side door. I have not seen it yet. But a good friend and a memeber here was good enough to go get it for me. Thank you T-Rex. It was 250 miles from me and 50 miles from him. So he offered to go and get it and bring it to me in a few weeks. Rex there is a steak at Calhouns with your name on it.

Got to fine another door now and we can get started on the coupe.

Ron Pope Motorsports                Advertise with Us!     
Back