Ron Pope Motorsports                California Custom Roadsters               

27' Bucket of Parts

New2me

Its time to start my build... again, and this seems like a good spot to document it.

I Just realized I have to use photobucket to upload pics so those will be up soon.

Welcome to the forum. You can just upload photos from you computer. Stay away from rip off bucket.

I don't have that option. I've looked up how to upload and see others with the same issue. Apparently you are supposed to be able to after acquiring 10 posts but that's not always the case for some people.

Welcome to the forum. You can just upload photos from you computer. Stay away from rip off PHOTO bucket.

It took me 3 days to get what was left of my picture from photo bucket --had to copy and paste all of them 1 at a time

they lost over 250 that was supposed to be saved in THE cloud--but never found them because I wouldn't play/pay their game.

Welcome from St Louis. I can relate to delays in building a T-bucket! :rolleyes: But . . . persistence pays off.

H.jpg

Now I have to figure out what my login info is for PB to see if I still have pics in there. It's been a couple years. There is supposed to be a button next to "post reply" to upload from my computer but that is not available for me.

You guys have some real inspirational vehicles!

I use my phone to upload photos. When I originally take them, they are too big to upload. So I screen shot the picture, then crop the screenshot and it resizes it enough to upload them.

Had the same error just now.
My "ancient" iPhone 6 takes pictures that, if printed, come out to 35 inches wide by 45 inches tall.
I shrunk it by 75% with my favorite picture program "paint.net" and it downloaded no problem.

Attachments

• IMG_3771.JPG
    IMG_3771.JPG
    231.2 KB · Views: 49
My pictures are downsized to 1200 x 900 pixels. I use my digital camera , i upload them to my desk top , then i right click each photo ( one at a time ). A box appears & i left click " EDIT ". A photo program opens up & i left click "SIZE". Then i left click " PIXELS ". I backspace ( remove ) The current number of pixels then i enter 1200 into the box that contained the backspaced number. I then click " NEXT ". A box will appear in the upper right corner of the screen. I then left click " SAVE ". The downsized picture is NOW ready to upload to the TBUCKET forum. PS: I have windows 10 .

Alright, a little donation has given me a big convenience. I really didn't want to use Photobucket so I'm a happy camper now.

So I got myself an axle over the weekend from an 03' zr2 Blazer. I'll blast the rust off and have it powder coated before giving it an overhaul.

The engine is apart and to my surprise it looks great inside. I thought for sure that the flood would have done her in. I've got to find a machine shop to clean up the outer crank journal and hone the cylinders though. This is my 1st priority.

While the engine is off getting prepped id like to get the axle situated under the car so I can get the suspension figured out. Once I have that done I can send it out for beautification along with the frame. While these parts are gone I can get the engine back together.

My transmission is another story. It also was a victim of the flood. I've never rebuilt one of these but may try. I may turn it over to one of my brothers to see if they want to try while I focus on all this other stuff.

The body will take some effort to get right. But that will be up next and wiring will be last. I'm figuring this won't be on the road until some time next fall. If I wasn't married I think I could pull it off by June. :D

Pics wouldn't take on the last post.

Attachments

• e887T3cY-249406121.jpg
    e887T3cY-249406121.jpg
    375.1 KB · Views: 42
  • USpzUuMn-249401015.jpg
    USpzUuMn-249401015.jpg
    797.2 KB · Views: 42
  • DaXxSmwK-249387711.jpg
    DaXxSmwK-249387711.jpg
    1,005.2 KB · Views: 41
  • L3xGppvL-249395290.jpg
    L3xGppvL-249395290.jpg
    920.4 KB · Views: 41
I see thats a small block chevy. Which transmission are you planning to rebuild? The th350s/th400s are really easy. The 700r4 is just a bit tougher but still easy. Theres tons of youtube videos showing how to rebuild them.

I've rebuilt many. I've actually got my 4l80e down to a bare case right now and another one to swap guts to make it 2wd.

I see thats a small block chevy. Which transmission are you planning to rebuild? The th350s/th400s are really easy. The 700r4 is just a bit tougher but still easy. Theres tons of youtube videos showing how to rebuild them.

I've rebuilt many. I've actually got my 4l80e down to a bare case right now and another one to swap guts to make it 2wd.
The Teflon seals are about the trickiest part.

I give you a lot of credit. That thing is in rough shape. The frame and front axle look good. It the engine is in good shape, that’s a good start. A fiberglass body is pretty cheap. I wish you a lot of luck. You’re in the right place. There’s a lot of info available here. A great site.

The engine is a 77' Chevy 350 that was previously rebuilt with low miles. A friend of my dad's sold it to us years ago because he was moving up to 454. For the trans, we planned to use a TH350 that WAS a new rebuild but that's got to be redone since it went swimming. I've never built one before but watch plenty of videos over the years and it looks pretty straight forward. Plus I think it's worth trying for $150 over a fresh built for $1200.

The body is ruff. Worst part is the floor. It looks really bad because we stripped the paint and rust is starting to take over. It would make for a great rat rod but that's not plan.

I called a few machine shops this week to get some prices and recommendations to get this engine back up and running. Prices went from $200 to $1500 for cleaning the block and honing it. The cheaper of the group was actually a co-workers recommendation so that's where it will likely go. He used this small town shop to build his engines when he use to race. Says he was never able to break the motors that came out that shop. ;)

Ron Pope Motorsports                Advertise with Us!     
Back