Ron Pope Motorsports                California Custom Roadsters               

346ci Cadillac Flat Head

Rick

VIP
VIP Member
Has anyone seen one of these?The exaust is at the TOP of the head.Check out page 180 of the new Street rodder there is a 32 Roadster that has this engine and the headers come out between the intake and the Flat head it self.Heres a you tube of one i think it looks bitchin in the mag with the headers comeing out the top.
[ame=[media=youtube]8k3bFB79Rws[/media] - Flathead Cadillac[/ame]

I believe they were also tank engines in WWII. There was a big discussion an the HAMB about them.

Wow, I haven't seen or even thought about one of them for over 50 years.

Here it is
cadflat2.JPG

there were a few guys that tied them but a well built ford flatty could whip the tar out of them. speed equipment was big bucks back then. probably more applications in salt flat cars

Ron

Those exhaust manifolds were porceline (sp?) coated. I had a 48 Caddy, had one in it. They are a lot of iron, way heavy, and the trans were amost as heavy as the engine..
Correct, they were used in Army Tanks durring WWII, and afterwards lots of em were available as surplus and were used in all kinds of indutrial equipment.
My Uncle and Dad had a small logging company, the truck mounted Yarder had a surplus Caddy FH, straight pipe standing up from the top rear of the block, man did that engine sound good ! It would sit there and scream all day long, never faltered or ran out of power and they were yarding some BIG timber in the coast range...."BH"

Ron Pope Motorsports                Advertise with Us!     
Back