Ron Pope Motorsports                California Custom Roadsters               

4/20 pics of my T

unclenick2004

Was bored as the wife and kids were at in-laws......:lol: So decided to take the ole T out for a spin with camera in tote. here are some pics of the completed engine and running again. I love this car!
002.jpg

003.jpg

010.jpg

011.jpg

008.jpg

Now next weekends project is gut out the interoir and re-do, then make a new gas tank/read lid. The PO did a crappy job with black painted plywood.....we'll fix that for sure!

Now, THAT'S a nice way to clear the mind!:lol: Good luck with your redo of the interior. It should go quick with your "crew" looking over your shoulder!:D

RPM said:
Looking good there. How well does that horn work. I have gone thru 2 horns just like that.

So far so good, I really don't use it but to scare off the idiot whom looks and swerves into the car while driving...oh wait..that is every time I drive it. :eek:

I am probably going to get rid of it and install train air horns under the tub if I can find a place to hide air tank and compressor. That is going to be tough.

tfeverfred said:
Now, THAT'S a nice way to clear the mind!:lol: Good luck with your redo of the interior. It should go quick with your "crew" looking over your shoulder!:D

If the interior was not so faded from the sun, I'd leave it but only looks good from 10-15 feet away right now. Gonna go blue and purple tweed.

Got a question tho, those whom do not have doors like mine, how go you get in and out of the bucket. Right now I grab the handle and step on the big ole Mickey Thompson and "launch" my fat a$$ over the side...kind of a pain. Any suggestions other than "making doors"?

I can't think of a better way to spend a Sunday afternoon. I can almost see your smile from here.

Ron

Nick, I'm 6'3" with a 36" inseam. I just stand next to the drivers side, place my right hand on the back top of the body and just step in with my right leg. As my right leg is going in, I move it around the column, place it on the floor and stand. Then, I just bring the other leg in and sit down.

Now, the cool part is, as my left leg is just getting into the body of the car, I kinda sit with a bounce like I had jumped in.:lol: I've gotten these moves down to a sort of ballet move. You can see me do it on the last video I posted for my wiring. And for you guys laughing, you know I'm telling the truth! There IS a cool way to get into these cars when they don't have doors.:D

I have not tried stepping on the left tire and hopping in, but when I do, you will have another video to laugh at.:lol:

tfeverfred said:
Nick, I'm 6'3" with a 36" inseam. I just stand next to the drivers side, place my right hand on the back top of the body and just step in with my right leg. As my right leg is going in, I move it around the column, place it on the floor and stand. Then, I just bring the other leg in and sit down.

Now, the cool part is, as my left leg is just getting into the body of the car, I kinda sit with a bounce like I had jumped in.:lol: I've gotten these moves down to a sort of ballet move. You can see me do it on the last video I posted for my wiring. And for you guys laughing, you know I'm telling the truth! There IS a cool way to get into these cars when they don't have doors.:D

I have not tried stepping on the left tire and hopping in, but when I do, you will have another video to laugh at.:lol:

Hmmmmm, well I'm 5'8 and 38 inseam and my short fat a$$ has a bit of a time gettin in the T but have mastered the kind of jump on tire and launch my but in the car. It is kind of like the old 70 commercials with OJ jumping over the luggage to get to his Hertz rental car.

Cool pics, a great way to spend a Sunday. :cool:

unclenick2004 said:
Got a question tho, those whom do not have doors like mine, how go you get in and out of the bucket. Right now I grab the handle and step on the big ole Mickey Thompson and "launch" my fat a$$ over the side...kind of a pain. Any suggestions other than "making doors"?

I just grab hold of the side of the car, swing my right foot in sit down then pull my left leg in. It probably looks pretty funny when I'm sitting down with my left leg hanging out. :D

Ron Pope Motorsports                Advertise with Us!     
Back