Ron Pope Motorsports                California Custom Roadsters               

60s and 70s chassis builders

leg show T

Banned
What happened to all the craftsman?
Things seemed to have gone backwards for the last 40 years!?
~Bob Nunes

ted_brown_chassis.jpg

Ted Brown Chassis

bob_nunes.jpg

Bob Nunes - 1970 San Luis Roadsters

bob_nunes2.jpg

Early 70's

bob_nunes3.jpg

Bob Nunes - This front end was finished in 1967 and looks this way today. Morris Minor torsion bar (Hand built - No shelf stuff)

bob_nunes4.jpg

Bob Nunes - This rear end was finished in 1967 and looks this way today (except for gas tank and some frame modifications). 1967 Floppy Bum!!

Hope you enjoyed!
~Bob Nunes

What happened to all the craftsman?
Things seemed to have gone backwards for the last 40 years!?
~Bob Nunes

Oh I dissagree. I see plenty of ingenuity out there every day. I don't think the current show circut showcases builders like it once did, so many don't get the recognition they deserve, but there's still building and improving cars with new ideas and designs.
I can't remember the name of the builder of your third T pic, but it was an inspiration for me to build a T of my own, and I sure remember the legs in the picture. :flower:

Cheers,
Russ

Oh I agree. there's some clever stuff out there which gets ignored by many. Just takes looking for. New ideas, new classics in the making. I LOVE 60s and 70s Ts more than anything, they had a certain elegance about them, but I have see a small number of later cars that are as good as any, in their own right.
Gerry

I find great ideas on most every build, somewhere, people when left to their own ways of doing things, come up with some super trick ideas, sometimes a bit on the crud side, but none the less, a great starting point for a new (Super) piece/idea RE-built by someone else, with a bit more talent in their hands, not everyone is a natural craftsman, but I'll have to give them a 10 for trying and thinking... :)

American craftsman. We'll always be who we are. Hell, we can build anything. We fought a Civil War, made guns and swords, and fought in

two World Wars making tanks and airplanes. When the boys came home in 1944, they rode motorcycles and drove hot rods. I started off

my career building hot rods and painting motorcycles for hard core bikers. I rode motorcycles and drove hot rods and would fight at a jump

of a hat!-- And I was lucky not to go to prison!?And went on to have a successful career. If you're not my friend, you're probably never going to be.

If you are, I would fight and die for you! And I love the southern states. Except for the weather and the beaches, I can't think of one thing I like about

California!! ----- When I rode motorcycles and I drove my Roadster, that was the best of times, cruising at 90!! Life doesn't get any better than that!!

----- What The F*** --- YOU'RE IN THE WIND!! --- I also like rat rods. Cars in primer and new ideas.

Bob Nunes

There was a time, Bob, when one had to be a true craftsman to build a hotrod; or, pay other craftsmen for the parts. Now, we have many companies that make commodity parts for our cars. Many of them now look just about same and there are thousands of builders out there. The hobby has progressed so that many can enjoy building, owning and driving their own hotrod that they built. To a great extent my 27T will be about like the others out there. It will not be exactly like any of them. It will be unique. It will have been built and customized by me; nobody else. I will be able to tell the world that I built that car in my garage with my own two hands; that I rebuilt the engine, transmission and rear axle. I know that I will share the sense of pride and accomplishment as all those who have come before me. My 27T won't be a show car; it won't have any fancy wizbangs. It will just be mine...all mine. As I tell my brother-in-law who has a corvette..."Any body can buy a car".

By the way, I've never done any of this stuff before just like many of the builders out there. So far, it's been quite a journey.

Ron Pope Motorsports                Advertise with Us!     
Back