Ron Pope Motorsports                California Custom Roadsters               

85$ a corner. New road springs fitted

Gerry

Hi
Found a spring company who did their best to wind some road springs for my Fad. Gave them projected weight (from all the post on weights of your rides), spring lengths free and compressed and let them work out what I needed. the guys I dealt with were REALLY helpful, so I order them as a staring point. Yep a $375 strting point (Hell dont that hurt)

Out with the old and in with the new. I do have some adjustment on the cones at each end of the suspension but if the rate is wrong this does not help.

Its a case of fit them and then bounce up and down to see if they are somewhere near.
Guess what... first impressions are that the rears are too hard and the fronts are too soft BUT I will try them on the road and see what they pan out like.
Also while the rears look coool the fronts are MUCH too open for my liking so another $XXX for a set of fronts that have more coils and maybe a little harder.

Oh well thats Ts for you. Its a,most like an 18 year old blonde with a liking for 'pretty things' that gliiiter in the light.
Pics for the guys that demand them (and rightly so my friends)

By the way I am so glad that TED was not in the workshop when we fitted these 'mothers' as be safe did not enter in to it. My blood pressure was at max revs and the valve bounce I experienced would have dusted any motor you name
Gerry

new-springs-May-10-(1).jpg
new-springs-May-10-(4).jpg
new-springs-May-10-(13).jpg
new-springs-May-10-(6).jpg
new-springs-May-10-(9).jpg
new-springs-May-10-(7).jpg

What size windshield do you have Gerry?

What size windshield do you have Gerry?

Rick
I will have to measure it as I bought it over 15 years ago and my memory is really bad now.
I ll get back to you on this thread
G

Hi Gerry, You are soooo right about them looking UGHHHHHHH that is what happens when you have people building springs for regular cars that HIDE them.. hehe were the others at a point where they would coil bind? They do look a ton better with tighter/closer coils, those do look a bit to strong, and they are short as well, they do need the length to give any where near a good ride... It's only MONEY hehe :rolleyes:

Gerry, I forgot to mention, with your added leverage, weight factors change a ton, so that is probably where and why they got your springs wrong... :rolleyes: You will win, I know that now...

Well
We factored in the leverage, thats why we had a bear putting them in. 2.5 times for the bell cranks, means to compress them we had a real fight on our hands.
YEP the fronts are REAL ugly but they work just fine so the next set will be just one step away. Spring guy can you make them 10% STIFFER BUT WITH THIS NUMBER OF COILS.
THANKS AND HOW MUCH WILL THAT BE

Sweet little T. I love her to death
gerry

Ron Pope Motorsports                Advertise with Us!     
Back