Ron Pope Motorsports                California Custom Roadsters               

A few pictures of my Son's Olds engine.

donsrods

My Son Dan has a 30 Ford RPU and we are building a new engine for it. The first one we built had some issues, like oil burning and two scored cylinders, so we found a new block and started over.

It is a 455 Olds bored to 468 with flat top forged pistons, balanced, a 280H Comp Cam, a pair of reworked 442 Olds "C" heads, and a tripower setup off of a 66 442 Olds. The last engine was black but this time he wanted it to look more like an old Olds motor so we painted it gold. We also found a machine shop locally that only builds race motors to do the machining and modifications, and are really happy with the work they did. I feel the last machine shop made things a little on the tight side, which broke two oil control rings.

Anyway, here is how it looks as of last night.

Don

This is the car it will be going into.

danscaratBP3-1.jpg

And here is the new motor.

dansmotoralmostdone002.jpg

dansmotoralmostdone001.jpg

Nice, Very Nice!! I've always had a soft spot in my heart for the W-30's & W Machines. Guess that's a part of growing up in the Lansing area.

Nice! The first engine I ever tore down and rebuilt was gold (continental aircraft engine gold). The gold with the polished alum is a nice look. His rpu is sweet as well!

Thanks guys. I'm pretty proud of how he did his car. Took him 5 years and he actually had one version almost done and took a sawzall to it because he wasn't digging the way it was coming out. I grabbed the body before he cut it up and am going to use it for my rpu............I'm not as fussy as he is. LOL

Have a nice Christmas and New Year everyone.

Don

As always, nice stuff comes outta ur shop Don.

Ron

Don love that your Son is using an Olds engine!!!!! I'm an Oldsmobile guy and have been for a long time. I've rebuilt a few Olds engines. LOL My first car was a 72 Cutlass (the yellow one in the pictures below). Here's some pictures of my collection. The Gold 69 has a 455 also bored to 468 and it has a Muncie M22 4spd behind it. The Green 68 is bone stock 350/Th400

72 Olds Cutlass 350/TH350 My Baby My First Car!
cutlassaj1.png

69 Cutlass 468, Muncie M22 4spd
l7b3211078146e531c6ea02lh2.jpg

lcd2b1d527488ca167c9cc2mw3.jpg

68 Cutlass S
dscn2091pu1.jpg

That is perfect for an open engine car.

Those are some good looking Oldsmobiles. I grew up shoving Olds engines into every car I could find, they were really great performers.........still are.

Don

i am a bit of an olds person, i have a small block olds stroked to 383 cu in going in my 34 ford with a tremec tko 600, and a 355 olds in my ac cobra replica.
different is good.The small blocks stroked are a tremendous engine, rev well and produce loads of power. next one will be a diesel block and a 427 crank. Torque monster.

Ron Pope Motorsports                Advertise with Us!     
Back