Ron Pope Motorsports                California Custom Roadsters               

A Good Day

PaulR

After almost 12 years of putting my T together, as of today I'm legal to drive it on street.
Woo hooo!!!! As most have said in other threads, it will never be "finished". Changes will be made. Thanks to the members who answered and helped along the way.

Fred, thanks for the ride in Miss Behavin. Keep on the road to recovery.

Thanks to my family and friends that have helped.

Now it just needs to warm up some here in Houston.

PaulR

That's awesome PaulR! Congratulations!:thumbsup::thumbsup: What part of Houston? I grew up in the 1960 area and graduated from Klein HS. Folks live in the Woodlands now. Will be down that way in April for my dad's 90th bd.

Pics man, or it didn't happen . . . .

Congrats, we do look forward to seeing that bundle of pride and joy.

Darlene

Way to go, Paul. You bested my build time by 3 years! And like Darlene, we want pics . . . :thumbsup::D

G.jpg

Now that's a MAJOR milestone !!! Way to go !

ItsAlive.jpg

Congratulations. Major milestone completed. Your first time around the block you will never forget. Enjoy

That's awesome PaulR! Congratulations!:thumbsup::thumbsup: What part of Houston? I grew up in the 1960 area and graduated from Klein HS. Folks live in the Woodlands now. Will be down that way in April for my dad's 90th bd.

I'm down in Sugar Land. Congrats on celebrating your dad's Birthday.

PaulR

Hey, Paul...... how hard was it getting titled?

Fred,

A brief run down of steps....
Save and get your receipts in order.
Take 3 pics of your car. Front, side and rear.
Get a picture showing an original Ford Model T also.
Get insurance on it. Liability is good for now.
If you don't have a certificate origin or a vin number, you need to apply for one from the state.
Your local auto theft division has to inspect the car, to make sure none of the parts are stolen or have numbers on them, hence the receipts.
They will fill out a form that is good for 28 days only. You take that form to Texas DPS and get a Vin number.
I had to trailor my car to Fort Bend County Sheriff's Dept.
You have to stamp the vin number on the frame.
You also have to get a pencil rubbing of the vin number on the car too.
Now, you have to get your car inspected by a Master ASE Certified mechanic in the 8 areas of certification defined by the state to inspect your car.
You'll need a trailer again. He has to provide a photocopy of his certificates showing they are all current.

It is very important to make sure you havery all of the original signed documents/forms that the various agencies and depart men's sign. Don't ask me how I know.

You need to get a certified weight certificate too. Trailer again.

Take all this documentation, receipts and pictures to you local tax accessor office and get your temp plates.

A lot of this can be filled out by you before you.

Look up on the internet for the Texas Assembled Vehicle Manual. It is confusing at first, but after reading it a few times it will start to click.

Mine is being tagged as a street rod. You will see why when you read manual I mentioned above.
The title will say ASVE 2019 23 Ford Model T.

It sounds worse than it is. It really was pretty easy. No hassle at all except for the personal tag I made up did not pass the board of review. Oh well, I think the second one did.

If you have any questions give me a call and leave your nam so I know it is you.

Sorry for it being so long.....

PaulR

Ron Pope Motorsports                Advertise with Us!     
Back