Ron Pope Motorsports                California Custom Roadsters               

A little compassion

Spanky

Staff member
Recently we've seen a dream die because of some misunderstandings in dealing with one of our wonderful sponsors, Spirit Cars. The person self identified as 'Slayer' was on track to build a t-bucket, despite some limitations in his location and living arrangements and finances. Yes. he may have said some things he shouldn't have - who among us has not done so at one time or another. My hope is that a collection of gearheads like us can empathize a little, and try to help Slayer resurrect his dream, if he wants to. A good first step would be for you - Slayer - to acknowledge you might have jumped to some conclusions re: your order with Spirit. It takes a big man to admit he was wrong, and I believe you have that quality within your character . . . how 'bout it? The rest of us can curb our desire to beat down someone who has ruffled out feathers, and offer a hand up instead.

I feel like Spirit is family and if somebody slanders my family I get defensive. His first communication was offensive and the. Second was just as bad. I think his attitude is not conducive with the rest of our family and is better suited for another web site.

Compassion? You mean like try to help them? We did that. He was the one with the attitude. If he would have just not been so full of himself he would have had more compassion and help. We all have setbacks in life. That’s not a license to be a jerk. Sorry, I’m not so soft after years of people’s garbage. I don’t reward bad behavior. He basically shot down everyone’s attempt to offer ideas, etc, now he’s slamming Spirit and I fail to see where they were to blame. It’s firmly on his shoulders to correct this. Wanna come to dinner? Might have to eat some crow.

Last edited:
Remember my situation with my body from CCR? The shipping company screwed up and delivery was delayed a week or so. Did I post a thread bashing CCR? No. Shit happens and a lot of times it has to be stepped in, but the strong get over it. " Light at the end of the tunnel" and all that other bullshit. In one thread, Slayer was asking advice on engine options, but every time someone offered the requested advice, they got slammed by him. It was like he already had an answer and was looking for others to agree with him. I told him "Good luck."

Now, here he is bashing Spirit. Compassion?! WTF? He reminds me of the kid, who wants to quit the game, when it doesn't go his way. Well, the exit is over there. Don't let the door bang your ass on the way out.

I think Slayer has the ball now. It is his move. If and how he responds will set the level and tone of reception. I see now reward in trying to pet a snarling dog.

Recently we've seen a dream die because of some misunderstandings in dealing with one of our wonderful sponsors, Spirit Cars. The person self identified as 'Slayer' was on track to build a t-bucket, despite some limitations in his location and living arrangements and finances. Yes. he may have said some things he shouldn't have - who among us has not done so at one time or another. My hope is that a collection of gearheads like us can empathize a little, and try to help Slayer resurrect his dream, if he wants to. A good first step would be for you - Slayer - to acknowledge you might have jumped to some conclusions re: your order with Spirit. It takes a big man to admit he was wrong, and I believe you have that quality within your character . . . how 'bout it? The rest of us can curb our desire to beat down someone who has ruffled out feathers, and offer a hand up instead.
Hey Spanky, after reviewing my reply, I hope that my view didn’t rub you the wrong way. My reaction was aimed at the situation, not your post. I don’t disagree with you in general on this topic, but I’ve dealt with people for a long time. Everyone says things or reacts in ways that they later regret sometimes, but some develop a pattern... It’s not a slip, just a glimps of their true nature. I go out of my way to help people who have setbacks, I employ one right now and have gained a good friend as a result. I am empathetic, thanks to having to go through some very serious physical stuff and understand how it feels first hand. It’s not an excuse to bash everyone over the head that doesn’t please or agree with you. Several guys besides me were trying to be helpful with him before, on his initial post, and he had no problem shooting most everyone down with out consideration. Now he’s using the forum to bash Spirit, and the complaints don’t seem to warrant it. Even if they were legitimate, he did not allow them to address or attempt to resolve them, he just attacked them on a public forum knowing that it could damage their reputation and business. Perhaps a long look in the mirror would be good therapy for him. I will give anyone a chance, but some people take advantage of others good will and make a habit of it if allowed to. Anyways, I wasn’t trying to be harsh towards you or your viewpoint.

Ron Pope Motorsports                Advertise with Us!     
Back