Ron Pope Motorsports                California Custom Roadsters               

Adjustable Proportioning Valve Question

bobs66440

Supporting Member
Supporting Member
I am installing one on my T, but right now I'm dealing with the brakes on my '55, so I guess this will be practice for when the T is on the road...

I have a MBM GM disc conversion on the front with their Corvette style master and combination valve and stock drums on the rear. The rears lock up way before the fronts so I've decided to go with a proportioning valve to the rears. My question is, does it change the brake pedal travel? I realize it limits pressure to the rear, but does it change the way the pedal feels?

I can't tell any difference in pedal. I could tell a difference in stopping distance, once I had it adjusted to what I thought was correct.
Lee

Just a thought, make sure the front disc brakes are plumbed into the larger of the 2 reservoirs on the master cyl.

Just a thought, make sure the front disc brakes are plumbed into the larger of the 2 reservoirs on the master cyl.
Thanks. It's the Corvette style master with the equal size reservoirs that they sell for disc/drum. It's plumbed according to their directions, everything is bled properly and installed as it should be.

Edit: It's a CPP kit, not MBM...

Ron Pope Motorsports                Advertise with Us!     
Back