Ron Pope Motorsports                California Custom Roadsters               

Adjusting the frontend

KPoole9008

Some time ago I read a post that demostrated how to adjust the frontend on a Bucket using the 'Milk Jug" method. I have searched the site and can't find the post/ article. I am ready to set my toe, camber, etc. and need to know how to do it using that method or some other way. Anyone have any ideas? Thanks

Some time ago I read a post that demostrated how to adjust the frontend on a Bucket using the 'Milk Jug" method. I have searched the site and can't find the post/ article. I am ready to set my toe, camber, etc. and need to know how to do it using that method or some other way. Anyone have any ideas? Thanks
You are actually adjusting toe and caster.Camber is built jnto the axle. Here is a link to setting toe the caster can be set with an angle finder on top of the king pin.
toe link

Putz is right as usual. My toe in and out i have fabed two 1'' square tubing pieces 40 inches long and i attach them with a bunge to the outside of both of my tires one on the right and one left.. The tubeing has 3 marks on them center,forward and rear. I think the marks are 18 inches from center to each mark ,36'' between them.Place a spirit level on them to get them level. I measure from outside to outside on the mark rear then front and compare the two measurements. I make an adjustment until the difference is 1/8 to 3/16 closer in the front than the rear. Also remember that to much tire pressure can effect the out come of how the tubing rests i run about 15-20 psi in the front to make a better ride and it helps with any rough road wobbel . In my case anyway. Also if you have raised white letters you may want to weld two small blocks the exact same size so the tubing sets on the wheel bead and not the tire . Hope this helps .

Ron Pope Motorsports                Advertise with Us!     
Back