Ron Pope Motorsports                California Custom Roadsters               

Admin help. Got a message from a memer with zero stats

Gerry

OK So I get a notification of a message from a member . Go look and its all in Spanish so decided to look at the posters stats. All zeros.

Now Im sitting here working from home with all this virus stuff and this comes up. Spent the last 2 1/2 hours running anti virus and malware programs in case its a a spam.

Would appreciate the admin guy/s looking into this for me so I can relax and re-establish my VPNs etc with my company

Thanks
Gerry

Gerry,
I also, got a goofy notification from biseo888 .It's from Viet Nam. I hope it's not spam!

Me too. Got a lot riding on my home computers. Need an answer and some reassurance from the forum admin... please

Come on guys I need an answer. Customers waiting bank needs info and I need and a way to go.......

Gerry,
For what it's worth, I did a McAaffe scan of my computer. And nothing showed up. Do you have some kind of computer protection? I'm hoping if there was anything, that I caught it.

Just because you get an email that is carrying a virus, doesn't mean that you are infected. Typically
you have to initiate an action, normally clicking on a link in the email.

Now I'm no security expert in the computer world, but as an IT person and getting emails from our
security IT folks at work we were always instructed to delete the email.

Yep did all that, but how did it get through to write a personal message on this forum....

how did it get through to write a personal message on this forum....

I think that is possible because this is an "open" forum. Anyone can log on and see what's going on. Look at the home page, where it lists who's currently online; there is always a significant number of not only guests, but robots, any one of which could be controlled by a spammer.

It's going to be Russia !!! Every time someone has tried to breach my NAS I can the tell
the IP address of the attacker. You can tell where an IP address is located by using one of
several websites. Try looking up your own address.

Instant IP Address Lookup

Maybe they got to your profile and email address ?

upload_2020-4-10_18-46-30.png

Ron Pope Motorsports                Advertise with Us!     
Back