Ron Pope Motorsports                California Custom Roadsters               

AGAIN!!??

tfeverfred

Okay, I want to log out, but the log out prompt keeps dropping down into the "search" section. Like it's hidden behind it. I tried rebooting and all that jive. So... is it my comuter or......?

Sounds like your browser isn't handling the Ajax code properly. Older version of Internet Explorer, perhaps?

logout001.png

As you can see above, the Ajax loads into the center of the screen, and atop the rest of the page.

Some quick guesses -

1. Have you cleared your browser's cache history recently? That is something that needs to happen, at least once a week. I clear cache daily. And if something acts strange, I will often clear cache multiple times a day.

2. Are you running Internet Explorer as your browser?
2a. If yes, is it the latest version of IE for the version of Windows you are using?

Windows XP users should be running Service Pack 3 and Internet Explorer 8. Bearing in mind mainstream support for XP ended in April 2009.

Vista users should be running Service Pack 2 and Internet Explorer 9. Bearing in mind mainstream support for Vista will end April 2012.

Windows 7 users should be running Service Pack 1 and Internet Explorer 9.

My preference is to not use Internet Explorer at all, actually. My Windows box runs Win 7/SP1 and IE9 for site testing purposes only. If I must use that computer at all, I run Firefox 8.0.1 as my browser of choice.

A quick fix to enable you to log out is to right-click the Log Out link and select open Link in New Tab. That will actually bypass the Ajax code and load in the full Log Out page.

logout002.png

Out of interest, if you try this method, do you see the Log Out dialog appear in the center of the page, as above? Or does it appear in an odd location?

The "log out" link is hidden. I can't see it at all. No worries. I'll just stay logged in. That's what I do on the HAMB. Saves me the trouble of logging in. I can be lazy, when it comes to computers.

LOL Resolution? Okay.... after I log on, the signout & register link DROPS behind the search feature. It is hidden BEHIND the search feature. I can see everything else. When I shut down my computer and reboot, I get logged out. When I log back in, the problem is repeated. Like I said, I'm not worried about it. Really... I'm not.

Interesting. I switched to the blue screen and all is well now. Hmm.... okay.

Ron Pope Motorsports                Advertise with Us!     
Back