Ron Pope Motorsports                California Custom Roadsters               

Almost Bought another Bucket today.

Rip VW

Went to a storage sale today. 3 guys were selling a lot of tools and Hot Rod parts and of all wonders they had a 23 Bucket for sale with NO engine or trans.

It was complete otherwise with California plates, and a clear title. It was a well put together Rod, using torsion bar suspension all around. a 9 in rear, Rack and pinion steering. It was painted black, and the paint job looked pretty good under a lot of dust and storage dirt. Tires looked new the dash was missing and had a big nest of wires draped over the steering column. For seats it had 2 fiberglass buckets with the Naugahyde covers and no cushion. The rest of the interior was gone including floorboards. I was almost willing to buy it for 6K but as the wife pointed out how would I get in and out of the rig. I am crippled up and doing the step up over the edge of the body just isn't for me. Thats the main reason I am building a 27Coupe, it has doors. For what I saw there wouldn't be a ton of work to find a motor and trans and have a running driving little hot rod. Ah if I were only a few years younger and not full of Nutz and bolts and hardware I might have jumped on it as even the wife was willing to let me buy it but I need to keep my eyes on my current project so I will just let go. Dammit!

Yeah, that is what I thought too. but the way I am feeling these days I just don't want to jump into another project. I find it takes a lot of energy just to get out and work on the 27 these days and I swore I would finish it before it finished me. ha ha. That and winter is coming on and I don't work well when the temp drops..

Yeah, that is what I thought too. but the way I am feeling these days I just don't want to jump into another project. I find it takes a lot of energy just to get out and work on the 27 these days and I swore I would finish it before it finished me. ha ha. That and winter is coming on and I don't work well when the temp drops..
That would have been a nice project. Engine trans and some electrical it looks like and your good to go. My summer project just turned into a winter project...again. Body should be in primer by fall. I finally put a heater in my garage so I will be working on it this winter. Hope!! to be driving by spring

Ron Pope Motorsports                Advertise with Us!     
Back