Ron Pope Motorsports                California Custom Roadsters               

And there is more to come

Mike

I have been doing some examination of the traffic numbers all of my sites have been seeing and the numbers for this site left me going back and double-checking everything.

My only question is this - where in the world are all these T-Bucket enthusiasts coming from?!?

This site formally launched on 21 October 2006, so 2007 was our first calendar year of operation. In 2007, we had a total of 253,885 people visit.

In 2008, that number jumped up to 2,322,425 users, which was an enormous leap.

In 2009, the number swelled to 3,864,511. Still some very impressive growth. In December 2009, we had a member of this site leave to form his own site, because he was going to show me how things should be done. So there it was, the first turncoat was going to shut us down.

In 2010, our numbers didn't climb very high, we only saw 3,876,465 users. Wow, could it be that the turncoat was stripping away our traffic? Or was it my own bone-headed decision to convert to Invision forum software that slowed this place down? Actually, those were the days when I watched fluctuations in traffic on a daily basis, and would stew and fret whenever there was a sag in the count. In 2010, Bob Nunes, who is a legend in his own mind, posted an image to his site, telling me I had lost this forum because I am an idiot. Three years later, I am wondering who the real idiot is.

In January 2011, my old pal, the one and only Sockpuppet was dumped outwith our doors. And he made it quite clear that he was going to shut this place down, when he opened up his own forum. Suddenly, we had another turncoat who was going to dilute the traffic, but our 2011 numbers swelled to 4,679,135 users. I have said all along the best thing that ever happened to this site was dickofficer opening his own site, and the numbers don't lie. :thumbsup:

In May 2011, Corley, Gerry and another member left in a big huff. Corley was another one who was going to show me how a T-Bucket forum should be run, so now there were three forum sites working against this one.

In 2012, our numbers grew, but again, not by much. We only went up to 4,767,208, so was it possible the defectors were going to cumulatively succeed?

Well, as of 7:12 AM, this morning, our 2013 numbers were already at 6,250,320, with another 89 hours left in the year. 6.25 million? I never imagined this place could be this big, or this active.

People are always coming to me, thanking me for this place. Don't thank me, I'm just a caretaker around here. I oil the hinges, wipe down the tables, mop the floors and take out the trash, that's all. Thank yourselves, instead, because it is each and every one of you who have made this place what it is.

As it is rumored Adam first said to Eve, "Stand back, because I've no idea how big this thing is going to get."

Happy New Year, everybody!

Those are very impressive numbers Mike. Thank you for allowing us to reap the rewards of your hard work. Without you this site wouldn't exist.

I have to say this is my favorite T bucket site bar none. I don't visit the others that I am a member of. Thanks Mike for giving us a friendly place to come to without all the hassle that is on the other sites.

I have to say this is my favorite T bucket site bar none. I don't visit the others that I am a member of. Thanks Mike for giving us a friendly place to come to without all the hassle that is on the other sites.

My sentiments exactly!

Jim

Wow! That's great! I'm relatively new here, but if it means anything, I've looked at other forums and this is the best one!

Up, up, and away. Great work, Mike!

I have to admit that between reading some books on engine building and the Ford AOD manual.....just about everything I needed to know about building a car I got from this site. Thanks to all of you who have such great knowledge and freely pass it on.

This has become one of my favorite forums. I appreciate this forum because of the tech info that is freely shared. I am still a newbie and try to absorb as much as I can from the more experienced members.

I don't post much on any of the sites I visit. I am members of several sites and I don't know which one is run by whom.I just know that at 67 years old I still can learn a lot from everybody. These sites make this Gearhead hobby so much easier. The research possibilities are endless. Want to know what backing plates will fit your Wide five drums, it's all on the internet . I have been researching Quick Changes for possible use in a roadster.I can watch a video on replacing the drive rollers in my MIG welder, see what Artillery wheels are selling for today, and get the recipe for a crock-pot chili all while I have my coffee in the morning.
Thanks to all the people who make this easy for the Old Guy, it is appreciated.
Happy New Year to everybody, Hug the little ones and Kiss the pretty ones.

Ron Pope Motorsports                Advertise with Us!     
Back