Ron Pope Motorsports                California Custom Roadsters               

Another 23 T..in South Florida....

O

Ozzie

Hi folks, It's been a real long time. Bought a 1923 T Bucket in 1993, Had a 327 and a powerglide from a 65 vette in it. No hood, only rear drum brakes, keg for a gas tank. Brought it home to Miami. Drove it for a couple of years...That thing was dangerous!..., then took it apart time passed.... 10 years later I picked up where I left off... Hired a guyyyyyyyyy built it as a primer black Bucket with reinforced steel frame within the glass bucket, new frame, 4 wheel disc brakes, no doors, now it had a TH350 on it, much more controlled. Took it to the Turkey Rod Run in 2006, just barely got there and back.... Drove it for a couple of years then decided to do it right, a Proper frame off creation. Steel suicide doors, Steel Hood, Hood Sides, steel lid on the 14" rear bed. 13 gallon gas tank.... That process took almost 4 years and it still wasn't finished. 2012 saw the birth of my first child, so the Bucket took a backseat..... Last month on his 8th birthday, he asked about the car in the garage...... and the cover came off, and the rebirth began. Fluids drained, re filled, Fuel system installed, Engine started and timed, As I type this I just walked in from installing the brake pedal, so it's coming along now Mid Auguat 2020... Next up, Making a windshield frame since mine is based on a 4" chopped speedway 27 frame.......

Welcome, Ozzie. Your story shows just how much these little cars can get under your skin! Are you still running the 327? What rear gear do you have? Rear tire size?

first cruise-in.jpg

Welcome aboard from the hot, sweltering, hurricane prone, Caribbean.

Working on a Spirit Cars '27 T myself,

You'll find an incredible wealth of knowledge and experience here on the forum with everyone always eager to help

Welcome to the forum from Oklahoma !WelcomeAnim.gif

Welcome from New Mexico and it is Hot.........

Welcome, Ozzie. Your story shows just how much these little cars can get under your skin! Are you still running the 327? What rear gear do you have? Rear tire size?

View attachment 19312
Hiya. I sure am running the same 327, It now has been re built twice. Once .030 and that ran great for a while, then I left the car out in the rain and the next morning, I dried it off and when I turned the engine over, a rod broke off and a chunk broke thru th cheap thin metal chrome oil pan I had put on... that started the whole process of rebuilding the engine and then saying, Awww hell, let's go all out on it.
The rear is still the 1955 Chevy rear end I bought for it in an o mage to my Dad, who's first car was a stock 1955 Chevy while he was in the Airforce in 1962 in South Texas. OH, and the Rear tires are Goodyear Eagle GT 275/60 R17 and the fronts are Dayton Quadra SE P205/70 R15 95S

Ron Pope Motorsports                Advertise with Us!     
Back