Ron Pope Motorsports                California Custom Roadsters               

Another geezer!

Mdrat

Looking to pass the time. Interested in a T. I think I know what I want but thought I would chime in and see what everyone else has.

Welcome aboard Mdrat ! WelcomeAnim.gif

Got any pics of what you are thinking you want?

Actually, always was leaning toward Detroit Speedcraft. Now that they are gone probably Tribute T from Speedway. Ive got drivetrain ready. Total price of kit and components around 15k. Not much of a fab guy so wanted something that was basically nuts and bolts. Trying to talk wife out of garage space for a couple of months. That's the biggest stick point!

Trying to talk wife out of garage space for a couple of months. That's the biggest stick point!
Every time that subject comes up, my wife likes to point out that she has only parked in the garage ONE Winter in 35 years. :)

Welcome from Wisconsin. We have quite a few old geezers on this forum, which I'm one of them. Im on the young side of the geezer klan and the others have all the smarts. So post lots of pictures and ask lots of questions. Good group of guys who love T's.

welcome to the site.

Here is an extended T car we did for a customer that he wanted something off the tribute t look. We did changes to the car he wanted and used our extended tbucket body. He supplied some parts for the build and we supplied some for the build. We painted it and did the upholstery. He wanted it to this stage and he was going to go back home and finish the car.

old school.jpg car12.jpg car13.jpg car14.jpg

Welcome from NJ, I don't know how old one needs to be a geezer,but I'm recently retired and just about to start my build.
Not much of a fab guy so wanted something that was basically nuts and bolts. Trying to talk wife out of garage space for a couple of months. That's the biggest stick point!

My wife and I have an understanding, I stay out of the kitchen and she stay's out of the garage.

My wife and I have an understanding, I stay out of the kitchen and she stay's out of the garage.
Damn, you need to teach a class on negotiations!!! :thumbsup:

Welcome from NJ, I don't know how old one needs to be a geezer,but I'm recently retired and just about to start my build.

At our place I help in the kitchen and my wife is a great help in the garage. She's helped build several of our rides. As soon as I set foot in the garage she always wants to know if she can help. I am one very luck guy!

Jim

Back in the day my wife was the same way, she was right there with me when we were restoring our '57 Chevy. But, that was some time ago. I guess she grew older faster than me. I can't even get her on the bike for a ride. Maybe she'll get more interested as I progress with my project.

Brian

Welcome from St Louis, Mdrat. What are the components in your drivetrain?
Bored 283, HO 305 heads, Edelbrock 2102 cam, and right now big bore Rochester 2bbl. Probably go with 3x2 after I get her going. Gm 4 spd with Ford inch and 3.42 gears. Should be FUN! Thoughts and opinions on Tribute T package from Speedway? I still haven't made up my mind.

I might be getting close to being a geezer , in 2 Months I will be 79 . I still enjoy working on the ''T'' & riding around in my ''T''. Winter here, have to wait till spring to enjoy the ''T''. Have other things to work on in my shop . I also have a golf cart to enjoy [riding around town with in nice weather].. I help my wife in the kitchen [doing dishes sometimes ] She doesn't bother me in my shop. Which is O. K. She is busy doing her things.

My wife wants me to cook and she gets 1/2 of the garage. You lucky guy.

Ron Pope Motorsports                Advertise with Us!     
Back