Ron Pope Motorsports                California Custom Roadsters               

Another one from Alabama

dodgewade

Have visited this site several times, lots of great ideas. Started a build about a month ago. Will try to figure out how to post a few pictures.

WELCOME ABOARD ENJOY THE CRUISE!

Welcome Wade, :) here is a write up on pics to make it simple. Pic link

WELCOME! :) This is a good board...stick around and it should help you move your build along a bit faster! How 'bout some pics?

Welcome to the best forum out there. You will find a wealth of knowledge and info.
Eric

Welcome to the site Wade. We'll be waitin on those pics. If there's anything else you have questions about, just ask.

Ron

Welcome to the forum Wade, looking forward to seeing your pictures.

pictures Wade, them's the :thumb:

thomas :gum:

Have visited this site several times, lots of great ideas. Started a build about a month ago. Will try to figure out how to post a few pictures.

He's where I'm at.

post-4688-127077759902_thumb.jpg

Attachments

• bucket 6.jpg
    bucket 6.jpg
    497.3 KB · Views: 57
Looks like you have a good set of starter parts. Just one thing most t buckets that I see the coilovers are installed with adjustment nut on the bottom. What is going to power the beast.Looks like you are going to have a smooth ride with your radius rods mounted so close together maximum swing equals smoother ride

Welcome from a fellow Alabamian. Looks like a Ford 8 or 9 inch rear axle, nice.
Altoona is not that far off, hollar if you get out to any of the cruise ins around B'ham

Hello Wade an welcome, what part of the state are you in. I'm on the coast drop me a line. ...Bob

Greetings Wade and welcome from the sunny hills of Colorado.

Thanks for the pictures. You're well ahead of me on your build.

This might not be the busiest site on the web, but you'll not find a better group to help with your project and as rodding friends.

Welcome to the site Wade!!! You've done great for only being a month in to your build. It's obvious you know your way around a welder ( the shelves and table). Also cool to see an ol' coffee grinder still being used. Do keeep us posted on your progress. Don't be afraid to ask questions here. We're all about helping each other.

Ron

yes it's a 9"

I live about ten minutes from Gadsden, AL

"Coffee grinder" I assume welder, never heard them called that.

I have two started, made a great deal with a friend and he still wants to go ahead after this long, than goodness. Bought the bodies about eight years ago, divorce got in the way. Oh well at least I've finally got started.

yes it's a 9"

I live about ten minutes from Gadsden, AL

"Coffee grinder" I assume welder, never heard them called that.

I have two started, made a great deal with a friend and he still wants to go ahead after this long, than goodness. Bought the bodies about eight years ago, divorce got in the way. Oh well at least I've finally got started.

Before the divorce I had about 150 junkers, could not move all of them, but did save a few. currently back to about fifty. New wife doesn't mind either.

I saved all my 9" ford rears amoung a few select parts and pieces.

I plan to use a 350 sbc

Friend wants a 5.0 sbf, any one have a picture of a good way to make mounts for the ford? Something clean looking? I'm using a biscut type mount on the sbc, would like to do about the same on the ford.

Thanks for the kind words.

Friend wants a 5.0 sbf, any one have a picture of a good way to make mounts for the ford? Something clean looking? I'm using a biscut type mount on the sbc, would like to do about the same on the ford.

Here's a few shots of the SBF engine mounts on my '27. They are made from some 4130 steel tube and a couple of 4 bar bushings. Pretty simple to make and are pretty clean IMO.

Bens2796.jpg

Bens27328.jpg

010b085119e2ac14753e5ff29b936b43.jpg

Here is a pic of one to fit between the frame rails or this one second is speedway.

91018045_L.jpg

Ron Pope Motorsports                Advertise with Us!     
Back