Ron Pope Motorsports                California Custom Roadsters               

anyone know this car

john dioli

Hi all was curious on info of this car I just have a picture and dont know where it came from
also curious on the grill shell its the kind im looking for
thanks
john

The shell looks custom made to me.

Actually, the whole body looks custom.

What a clean car.

John and everyone here,

I did not intend for this to be taken as advertising a non sponsor.as I only wanted to ID the car you were looking for. If you plan on building your own car I would think you could replicate this car using parts from the various venders here. I really haven't looked this car over but I have a gut feeling that it will be an expensive build if you just order a turnkey or even a roller. Just my take on things. Take care.

George

George, I personally have been known to OPEN MY MOUTH AND INSERT FOOT AND SWALLOW MY KNEE, before thinking about what I'm saying . The saying goes----It is better to ask for forgiveness than to ask for permission====Until you run into MIKE !! All in fun I hope?

George, I personally have been known to OPEN MY MOUTH AND INSERT FOOT AND SWALLOW MY KNEE, before thinking about what I'm saying . The saying goes----It is better to ask for forgiveness than to ask for permission====Until you run into MIKE !! All in fun I hope?

Likewise for sure. I didn't even think about it being an advertisement but suddenly the Mike Light came on and I thought I might ought to set the record straight on my motives and position. I've had several of my dogs sink their teeth in my rear quarters a time or two and I doubt it was as painful as it could be with Mike. Maybe I need to get some Kevlar pants to wear for a while!

George

I sure didnt want to get any one in a jam hope all is well that car is all custom hand built and was sold a few years back
looks like ill do the over the counter deal
. oh Ron
john

I sure didnt want to get any one in a jam hope all is well that car is all custom hand built and was sold a few years back
looks like ill do the over the counter deal
. oh Ron
john

John,

Not to worry as I don't think there is a problem. I just wanted to assure all sponsors that I wasn't trying to steer anyone anywhere. I also have a pretty good sense of humor although it can be pretty sarcastic or even twisted at times. I'm sure at the price of that car most guys would go the build it themselves route. A while back George Barnes posted a link to a guy that was advertising a '27 T roadster at $224,000.00 a copy with a limited number being built. I don't think anyone here thought that was competition against sponsors. Just the sheer cost was an entertainment factor. I build cars everyday as a livelihood but they are completely different then hot rods and still I don't show or talk about them much anywhere on the internet. This is a bucket site so I think anything about buckets is fair game for discussion as long as it's not trying to steer someone to a non advertiser. If I'm wrong then Mike will rightfully let me know and all of you will feel the anger. Now go build your car the best way you see fit and I'm sure everyone here will cheer you on with advise and support. Can't get much better then that. Have fun!

George

John,

Here is another roadster I have always liked a lot. Although it is a completely different level of car I would care to have it was the body and stance that attracted me. This body would appear to give you more width then a T but the main thing is it looks to be fairly straight or flat side skins. Doesn't look like it would be to complicated to fabricate one from metal with very few tools. If I ever do another roadster I had planned on building a steel body with just such methods. I like simple and this is it! Look it over and maybe it will give you some ideas. Good Luck.

George

I Approve This Message

Ron Pope Motorsports                Advertise with Us!     
Back