Ron Pope Motorsports                California Custom Roadsters               

Apologies for the brief downtime

Mike

The site was unavailable for about 20 minutes.

The server the site is stored on was unresponsive at 3:05 Eastern Time. At 3:24 Eastern, the server was started back up.

For a brief period of time, the site may still seem slower than usual. A script on the server has to recalculate disk space usage information and everything will run a bit slower due to the massive amount of prioritized disk i/o operations.

We should be back to normal in just a few more minutes.

I had just noticed this morning we had gone 208 days with no downtime. I guess I shouldn't have been checking...

As a quick update on yesterday afternoon's downtime -

It seems the power strip, in the rack where our server is located, tripped. This required it to be reset, which obviously caused power loss to all the servers in that rack.

It just shows to go you, sometimes it is the simplest of things that can trip you up.

Well, just to show you I ain't skeered, uptime is currently at 2 days, 16 hours and 40 minutes. I'll tempt fate! :)

...and counting. :ffart:

Just me or does the server seem super slow this morning? ... several links get redirected to ads that have nothing to do with this website ...

I think he may be talking about the Google ads. Every now and the i get an off the wall one. Such as for Microsoft. Or this one, but they are infrequent.

Ron Pope Motorsports                Advertise with Us!     
Back