Ron Pope Motorsports                California Custom Roadsters               

Australian New Rod Build

Rodder67

Hi guys,

New member here looking to build. A few questions to start:

1. Looking for information from other builders in Aus as to how to go about the build being roadworthy for Sydney streets, what are the main parts of the build that are non-negotiables when it comes to getting it engineered and compliant?

2. I have looked at chassis plans but I'm wanting to install an airbag suspension setup, what changes would need to be made to a common chassis design in order to not run into any design issues after everything is welded up?

3. Bodies. Any recommendations for supply?

4. Motor. What's the go to, looking for recommendations also

Thanks guys

A bit of background aswell - I'm a boilermaker and have all the necessary tools, equipment and knowledge when it comes to welding and fabrication, this is my first 'from-scratch' build. Just want to do it once and do it right.

I have seen a bunch of hot rods in Ausieland. I would look around maybe Face Book. Look for car shows or Rod Runs in your area. I will say this, t buckets are real basic cars. Making one with bags may be a challenge. Look at rat rod type builds for inspiration. We will even give advice on those! Good luck with whatever you build. There is no better feeling than the first time you pull it in gear and it tries to move! Life changing!

Ron Pope Motorsports                Advertise with Us!     
Back