Ron Pope Motorsports                California Custom Roadsters               

Avoiding the next job.

rubicon

My next big job is to dismantle the T so I can do the body work and paint. I've been avoiding this for the last two years. Working on everything but this. I have a couple of small things to finish then its work, work ,work. This cold weather hasn't helped. I can heat the garage up but the cement is cold. I do want to get the body work done before warmer weather gets here. Any suggestions on how to get motivated.

Man I thought car was painted.

That's some seriously good gel coat.

My next big job is to dismantle the T so I can do the body work and paint. I've been avoiding this for the last two years.

No easy way to do it. :( Just be sure to take care of little things - like wiring clean-ups etc. - while it's dismantled. I find that I have less-and-less tolerance for standing on my head to work under my dash for wiring changes. :mad:

I can heat the garage up but the cement is cold. I do want to get the body work done before warmer weather gets here. Any suggestions on how to get motivated.
Find an old area rug something like a 10x14 foot, but the bigger the better. It will make it seem much warmer and nicer to just lay down and work under the car. When you decide to shoot paint throw plastic over it or just roll it up. I have 3 different rugs in the garage covering about 80% of the floor.

You might find yourself taking naps on the floor !

FP01_CarWhole_6221.jpg

My vacuum is much bigger cause things on my floor would kill that one Rick.....lol

No easy way to do it. :( Just be sure to take care of little things - like wiring clean-ups etc. - while it's dismantled. I find that I have less-and-less tolerance for standing on my head to work under my dash for wiring changes. :mad:
That's part of my plan is fixing the wiring. Making it easier to trace a problem. I want to replace some of the wiring connections. What would you recommend?

Ron Pope Motorsports                Advertise with Us!     
Back