Ron Pope Motorsports                California Custom Roadsters               

Axle bushings?

skinny mike

Supporting Member
Supporting Member
I get the impression from some of the posts about new straight axles that they need reaming or honing . I'm thinking of a new axle and want to use my existing spindles. Axles aren't made ready to assemble? I've changed bushings on a 53 Ford pickup and no machine work was involved. This concerns me. Feedback??

Donovan.jpg We make lots of axle, lots of them. The axle is machined and requires no bushing and no work on your part. The spindle does take bushings and the have to be fit to the king pins. Now we do have new spindles with the bushings installed and fit. The complete set is just $195.00 for either Ford or Chevy.

Cool picture. Anglia's are big over here in the UK

Lag time on my part. My existing axle, beam, has welded mounts. It's not off the car yet so can't determine how difficult to make right. Might need a new one if the welds boogered it up. Want to retain the spindles with the discs of course. So many yr's ago I dom't remember how I did the 53, but it was very easy Out with the old, in with the new. Handled good when done. Question, since my spindles and king pins are ok, I assume, what needs done on a new axle? Thank you.

Ron Pope Motorsports                Advertise with Us!     
Back