Ron Pope Motorsports                California Custom Roadsters               

Before the Update from Oklahoma Pics

Chief

The Pics speak for themselves.....They were taken this past Summer.

I'll be posting some more in a month or so, when it comes back from Mt Home, Arkansas

002.jpg 004.jpg 003.jpg More like ice storm in this part of the country.....sorry about that. I'll try again.

002.jpg

Attachments

• side 60_3.jpg
    side 60_3.jpg
    98.7 KB · Views: 187
20130909_192825.jpg 007.jpg 20130909_192825.jpg

After much re-sizing, it worked !

I'll post some "After the Update" pics in a month or so.

Last edited:
Thanks...I also like that part of the car. There are no plans to change anything on it from firewall forward......all the update plans involve from the firewall to the back.

Great looking T hope the one I am building now turns out as good. Last one I built (late 70's) turned out good but parts wern't avaliable like today lots more home fabrication.

OK Guys,

Time to tell my story. Late last Fall I'm cruising down the interstate in slow lane about 65 mph when my left rear locks up and 2 and a half donuts, and 4 lanes later I slammed the concrete center divider hard with my right rear wheel. It killed the tire/wheel/6 inch bend in rear axle/radius rod/damage on header/damage on body. (not to mention I needed a new pair of jeans :) Yes, I was wearing my seat belt. We never did totally figure out what caused it, even though we had a few theories. Front end and engine were fine. Collector car insurance stepped up and couldn't have been more fair.

Car is approx. 20 year old build, and after considering several options for repair, and the opportunity I had to do some upgrades, I loaded the car on a trailer and headed to Spirit for an XL body. After consulting with BC, it was determined that with a few alterations we could marry the Spirit XL 23 to my Total Performance frame/front end and engine. Insurance had included removing/reinstalling body and paint job in claim, and I decided to put some of my $$$ in the upgrade/update of my baby. Great news is that it's about done.

I'll try to get some pics posted

Wow, that sounds a little scary. Good to see you come out without any major injuries!

I'm in Yukon, you should come by when you get the car back. I've been driving my T for about a month now, but before that it had been 15 years since I last drove the T. The the car was originally finished in 1980. New engine and OD trans put me back in motion.

DSC_0604.jpg DSC_0605.jpg DSC_0608.jpg

Here are a few pics of the new Spirit XL body (fresh back from paint) I like the color, but my wife thinks that passenger door is the best feature.

Indycars.....I agree, we are pretty close, we need to get together.

Very nice color, looks as good on the inside as the outside!!!

Let me know if you need a 2nd hand doing something, I'm available to help! We can plan something when you get it together, if nothing comes up before then.

I remember a show car many years ago that was painted on the inside with the same paint scheme of the outside only reversed. Just like if you were looking thru the body and seeing the outside paint.

Last edited:

Ron Pope Motorsports                Advertise with Us!     
Back