Ron Pope Motorsports                California Custom Roadsters               

Best Forum

Just wanted to see if I still could upload from my computer. Takes about 3 clicks.
I you use a fancy camera that takes a HD picture (lots of pixels) you may have to down size the picture. Microsoft office has a photo app to do that.
Most smart phone pictures are ok.
Three clicks? You can't be using photo bucket, are you? Or are you saying three clicks from photo bucket once the pics are uploaded there? The issue for me seems to be more with the time and effort getting things uploaded there. It takes eternity, then if you try to do too many, it crashes, then I get bombed with ads. Once on there it's not too bad to highlight, select, then copy, then come here, select "add text", paste. It also only allows one picture at a time, if I could do several at a time, it would be an improvement. If I use my old digital shop camera and have to download the files from it to the computer, that's even more time, but that's not really a valid point to this discussion, but it does add to the time and effort required. It's just cumbersome and time consuming, imho. I am NOT complaining. I really like this site, it just could be easier to add photos and I personally think it would be better. Easier and faster is better when it comes to data transfer, not to mention avoiding a third party and the associated issues with ads, etc...

Photobucket takes me a minute to load a pic. 1 click to copy. 1 click to post here. That's, MAYBE, 3 or 4 minutes. Just how fast are you guys trying to do it in? If it's that important, take a few minutes. When an ad pops up, I kill it. I'm really not seeing the issue.

Photobucket takes me a minute to load a pic. 1 click to copy. 1 click to post here. That's, MAYBE, 3 or 4 minutes. Just how fast are you guys trying to do it in? If it's that important, take a few minutes. When an ad pops up, I kill it. I'm really not seeing the issue.
IF you only want to post ONE pic, it's not bad, but for several pics. It becomes cumbersome. It's easier on most other sites, that's all. If you guys aren't getting photo bucket ads, I have a hard time believing that, that's all that site is about, every two or three trasactions, it tries to sell you a calendar or something... And I too have ad blockers, etc... It's the actual site. It is very agrevating to try to post several pics, like in building a car, etc through all of the steps. If you guys are good with it, great, I don't like spending an hour trying to add pics, and I have sat here on a couple occasions for over an hour trying to load pics from my build, again not just one pic, but a series from doing a lot of work. If it is what it is, I'm ok with it, but I won't post as many pics as I could if it was less time consuming. Being able to post direct from my computer to this site would be MUCH better. PB is the hassle, not hard, just a seemingly un necessary time steeler. Again, I am NOT complaining about this site.

All I'm trying to say is, if you're at your computer anyway, what's the hurry? You're already wasting time. I've never used the bulk load feature and it doesn't bother me to take my time and post as many pics as I want. Yea, the pop ups are a hassle, click 'em away. Could it be better? Sure, but it isn't. I've sat for an hour to post a thread full of pics, but it's when I'm not doing anything anyway. I don't consider sitting in front of a computer a job. I do it when I don't have anything else to do. The time factor never crosses my mind.

If the pics are important, it's worth the time. Otherwise, don't post any. It's not a big deal. The world may be a "want it now" society, doesn't mean I have to join it. I hope you get it figured out.

I tried the bulk load and it didn't work out for me. I don't use that site for anything other than here, so I'm not overly familiar with it. There may be a way to copy and paste more than one picture at a time also, but I can't do it, at least not from my iPad, and my laptop is not often used anymore. I am more familiar with windows than Apple too. Again I like this site, photo bucket is ok, I am not trying to bitch, moan, and complain, but there are others who have problems loading pics, I am just offering my opinion, for what it's worth, I would like to see this site prosper and live long, so any improvement is worth discussing, from my perspective. Pics are good to illustrate progress, or lack thereof, I have tried to adapt and load a couple pics at a time as opposed to a series. It's doable, not a real issue, but better would be better, lol. The real issue, in my mind, is if everyone could just post direct as some can. That would pretty much solve everyone's issues. IF it's a deal where you have to pay to play, then let's all have the option and understand the deal, if that's not the issue, let's figure it out. I know Ron has more than enough to do, I'm not insinuating anything, just thinking out loud...

Not trying to stir the pot here at all. Just maybe a cure. If you have to be a supporting member to have the "Upload a File" option, why not make a 5 buck donation once a month to get the option? Without these donations, this site probably would go down the drain. Again, not saying you should or should not, but it does make posting photos a breeze. Really I am not even sure thats why some have that option or not. Ron or the Webmaster probably knows that answer.

Not trying to stir the pot here at all. Just maybe a cure. If you have to be a supporting member to have the "Upload a File" option, why not make a 5 buck donation once a month to get the option? Without these donations, this site probably would go down the drain. Again, not saying you should or should not, but it does make posting photos a breeze. Really I am not even sure thats why some have that option or not. Ron or the Webmaster probably knows that answer.

I appreciate that, but I am not sure that is what is going on. As I have said before, I don't know why some have that option and some do. No one has changed anything in the settings. It is still the same as when Mike set it all up.

It may not even be the site. It may be peoples computers. On my lap top, for a long time Photobucket wouldn't even show up, but I cleared my "cookies" and deleted some old files and now I have Photobucket. Instead of complaining/blaming the site, maybe folks need to check THEIR gear, first. If any of you remember Mike, he was always updating, playing around and experimenting with this site. There's no telling what he put in or took out. But before complaining, check your equipment. If you're trying to do anything here, other than written words with a phone, good luck with allll that. It took other sites years to get where a phone would download to a site with any amount of speed or accuracy.

IMO, all this talk of it taking too long to use Photobucket, may be an equipment issue. Just check yer stuff or deal with the lack of speed.

I know that just in the last couple of months, I had to use PB. Someone said something about the Upload a file button, that was when I noticed that I had one. Beats me when or how it got there. I agree, Fred, I believe it is a equipment issue with settings.

I know that just in the last couple of months, I had to use PB. Someone said something about the Upload a file button, that was when I noticed that I had one. Beats me when or how it got there. I agree, Fred, I believe it is a equipment issue with settings.
I tend to agree with you, Fred. I have had virtually no problems with Photobucket.

Also if anyone has noticed how many views this article has gotten compared to the others on the lounge on the first page? IMO this site has been held back because of numerous issues over the years and hopefully the admin can get this issue fixed so maybe more people will start posting pictures and etc. I vote for a free user experience on this forum.

I'm one of the folks lucky enough to be able to upload pics directly, so I don't have a dog in this hunt. I just want to say "Nice Dodge!". JMHO, that generation of MOPARs do not get their share of appreciation.

My upload button magically appeared , maybe it has something to do with making a donation????? As a side note I had made a donation 2 years ago and nothing changed, it did not verify that I had made one or anything?????

I tend to agree with you, Fred. I have had virtually no problems with Photobucket.

This may very well be an equipment issue on some peoples end...inc mine.
My computer isn't new thats for sure, although I did recently replace the vacuum tubes with NOS I had tucked away! :D

Seriously though, I can't justify replacing a computer that gives no issues anywhere else.

Photobucket wasn't so very bad that I'll never go there again...just a lot of advertising to deal with and that seemed to slow my enjoyment and my speed.
I'm gonna put in more of an effort to participate in this board regardless, and that includes using Photobucket if I need to.
If thats what it takes...so be it. ;)

Since my upload button appeared I well try to upload a couple pictures

Attachments

• IMG_0123.JPG
    IMG_0123.JPG
    466.7 KB · Views: 16
  • IMG_0129.JPG
    IMG_0129.JPG
    526.4 KB · Views: 16
  • IMG_0150.JPG
    IMG_0150.JPG
    440.2 KB · Views: 17
Since my upload button appeared I well try to upload a couple pictures

That was worth it! I like the little Moon tank. Is that your radiator over flow tank?

Ron Pope Motorsports                Advertise with Us!     
Back