Ron Pope Motorsports                California Custom Roadsters               

better brakes?

Noob

Does anyone have a good (better) solution for spindle mount wire wheel disc brakes? What I currently have are airheart 175s. They pretty much suck, but I don't know of another option with my wheel set up. I want to keep the spindle mounted wires up front. any help is greatly appreciated.

As you know these are nothing more than Go-Cart calipers.I to have the spindle mount Daytons(made for Total by Dayton)and think as you do there crap.!!!! I work in a machine shop and am in the process of relieving my self and others of this problem.I'll be spacing the rotor away from the hub to fit the Harley double disc set up from the Road King.So stay tuned.I'll also be doing a special mount and get rid of that crap bracket that comes with there set up.

Man am I glad to hear that. You all ready have a set sold to me!:D

It will be a week or so till i pull the spindles off and start the build.I have to find the calipers then i'll get right on them.Stay tuned.Anyone here have an extra set of front left and right harley calipers?

Wilwood makes a spindle mount kit but it ain't cheap. Friend of mine has them on his warz. He said they were an improvement over the Airheart but not that much for the price he paid.

On of my T's, I got for free, It has harley wires with no brakes, tube axle. the rh spindle was trimmed . all 4 bolt hole flanges were trimmed off and smothed, the left one had the botton 2 hole flanges trimmed. I pulled an old trailer out of the brush that has ford spindles, mech brakes. I don't know if I can make them work. I have some motor cycle discs I got for $ 5, . more measuring to see if I can make wheel to rotor adaptors.

Got my calipers friday and am going to take the wheel,spindle assembly to work and make my own calipers.My engineer at work is going to back engineer the harley ones and we will make a new set to my dimentions.Stay tuned more to come .

Got my calipers friday and am going to take the wheel,spindle assembly to work and make my own calipers.My engineer at work is going to back engineer the harley ones and we will make a new set to my dimentions.Stay tuned more to come .

any luck on the new calipers??

Ron Pope Motorsports                Advertise with Us!     
Back