Ron Pope Motorsports                California Custom Roadsters               

Big Block Chrysler Exhaust

stilltrying

Hi, I've been building my bucket for a fair few years now, was on here a couple of years ago but not done much for a while, however I'm gradually getting back into doing things. The engine is a 383 Big block chrysler out of a Jensen interceptor, backed up with a 727 torqueflight feeding a Jag IRS. Body is a 15t.
Still masses to do but I'm now looking for an exhaust, really wanted sprint style or failing that maybe a set of zoomies, however as usual with a mopar things tend to get expensive, think I should have fitted a big block chevy.
Anyway to my question, who can supply either sprint style headers and pipes or zoomies at a reasonable price as sanderson who are the only ones I have found for zoomies (I couldn't find sprint style) is just short of $900, add their shipping and import duties and VAT it gets past $1600. I may have found a way of reducing the shipping rates but when you consider that a set of sprint style header (my preferred style) for a big block chevy can be had for as little as $370, what is it with mopar parts and costs?
I'm in the United Kingdom hence the duties and VAT.

Last edited:
I'm UK based as well. Maybe I can help.
G

Indycars: Back at you with the arm, (I have no idea as to how to add pictures like that).
The Sprint style you have posted are not far off but schoenfeld step the pipes for some reason and that puts me off. The others just don't work, the last one is for a small block.
Thanks for taking the time to look, it is appreciated.

Spanky: There are people who can fabricate a set over here but the cost is even more than importing, it's a time cost and materials cost issue, anyone who can do a great job usually do so by taking their time and time is money, if I was to get them done over here then it would end up in stainless steel which increases the costs further. Having mild steel chromed over here is now very expensive. The headers you posted are too close and would hit either the rails or the body. Thanks anyway.

Gerry: I know you are lol, I didn't know you were still on this forum. I thought to ask on here as I was sure others in the USA had used mopar big block engines in T's but it would appear not lol.

My back up plan is a set of weld up pipes from summit that I can bodge up myself just to get it mobile and save up for a set to be made at a later date.

The Sprint style you have posted are not far off but schoenfeld step the pipes for some reason and that puts me off.
If you asked them, they might build them without the steps. I think I read somewhere on
their website that they will extend them out from the block to your dimensions for an
additional $150. If you do order from them, make sure you are getting 18 gauge or thicker.
They do make some very light weight ones out of 20 gauge steel.

Start again, I tried replying but it comes up with a message that says I can't post email addresses or links for spam reasons until I have ten posts, however I didn't have any addresses or links I was just replying to a post and that particular post didn't have email or links either, so hopefully thi will work.

Old Round Fart - I agree 100% but unfortunately costs do have to be considered at times so we will just have to wait and see on the stainless system for now.

Indycars - I will give them a go as the headers are only $200 more than the weld up kit and I could save myself alot of heartache and time, especially if they will do them without the step.

Thanks everyone for your input, I will ley you know how I get on.

Ron Pope Motorsports                Advertise with Us!     
Back