Ron Pope Motorsports                California Custom Roadsters               

Big redo of the old bucket

Thanks! I’m going to try a Louvered panel on mine. I’m going to stretch the tail gate to 32” and put an off the shelf radiator in it and if I have cooling problems I can put a second radiator back there.

Not much progress on the solar panel to report. We had to empty the garage because the floor was cracked and subsiding, and expanding foam was pumped under it to make it all level. Then we decided to have the floor coated and that will be this week and we won't be able to use it until late next week. So all my tools are in a Pod in the driveway. But I have a hot tip for you! The solar panel/bed lid will be tilting in operation and there is cabling that must bend and move with it. Normally I would use grommets but with the movement I wanted the cables secured and weatherproof. I found this little wonders: glands

glands.jpg
They grip the cable and make a weatherproof seal. Here they are on the lid:
P1040745.JPG

Can't wait to see your new garage floor !

I would love to have a garage too. Even a canopy would beat working in direct sunlight. However ; a canopy won't last very long in Stockton ( gusting winds ).

Expanding foam... that’s a new concept to me. I have been exposed to concrete leveling in the past by drilling holes and using a grout pump to sort of hydraulically lift it, then the grout hardens and stays put. Expanding foam? Interesting. Hope you took before and after pics!

Expanding foam... that’s a new concept to me. I have been exposed to concrete leveling in the past by drilling holes and using a grout pump to sort of hydraulically lift it, then the grout hardens and stays put. Expanding foam? Interesting. Hope you took before and after pics!
Here's the folks that did it: Concrete Leveling
I'll see if I have any pics. Same deal, they drilled lot of holes and injected the foam.

Can't wait to see your new garage floor !
This whole thing got started last year when I replaced a bunch of old fluorescents with super-bright LED fixtures. Then we replaced creaky plastic shelving with Elfa, and then wifey wanted the floor fixed, and once that was done it seemed like the right time to coat the floor (while the garage was empty, since it never will be again in my lifetime). Here's the folks doing the coating: Decorative Chip Floor Coatings | Concrete Coatings of Minnesota They use some exotic materials that NASA developed for the secret Moon base that you don't know about.

Last edited:
Normally I would use grommets but with the movement I wanted the cables secured and weatherproof. I found this little wonders: glands

Those are super nice.

McMaster-Carr is another source. They have aluminum, brass and stainless cable glands also.
McMaster-Carr

Wow! That's nice.

Ron Pope Motorsports                Advertise with Us!     
Back