Ron Pope Motorsports                California Custom Roadsters               

Birth of Long John

Thanks Spanky. The car looks real long because the wheels are at the ends. Overall length is about 14’. As for u turns I don’t make them very often anyway. I have been a front engine top fuel car fan sense I worked with “Sneaky” Pete Robinson on his Ford SOHC Car in the early ‘70’s. He was killed in a crash at Pomona qualifying for the Winternationals.

Last edited:
I like the looks of this and I think it will quite the attention getter on the street. I have never seen one done like this. Pretty cool!

Congrats on the progress! Looking good. There won’t be anything like that at the car show. It’s going to be a very cool ride. Any thoughts of painting it as a tribute to Sneaky Pete? Just a thought based on your comment. Keep plugging away, it will be rolling soon.

Long wheelbase is the ticket! My old car could be colored from a dead stop with hands off the wheel. Can’t do that with 95”’s! As for the paint job I hadn’t considered that! That would be cool!8E1CEC2C-6DD3-4807-A515-164187FA002D.jpeg

I love nitro! I wish I could afford a crackle car!

I haven't pulled the trigger yet but I have located a car out in Cali. If we race it we'd most likely go an alc class to help on parts & fuel cost. Right now the car is ready to go for cackling & comes with a spare bullet, huffer, trailer, ect. :thumbsup: Haven't told momma yet. :eek:

10 years ago I saw a front engine rail job over in St Charles, MO for sale; sb Chevy engine, stack injection, roll cage, long wheel base . . . told some of my buddies in St Louis Chapter of NTBA and we considered buying it for a club project. Went back a week later & it was gone . . .:mad:

I AM IN... LOL
And I would just like to say "This is one kick ASS build" can't wait to see more.
Very impressed so far.

Ron Pope Motorsports                Advertise with Us!     
Back