Ron Pope Motorsports                California Custom Roadsters               

Birth of Long John

Appreciate it. There's a few that have been around for a while. Dinosaurs they call us, but we know better...Ehhh?

Without all you "dinosaurs" around, us "young" guys would be running rampant. We need you guys around so that we have someone to ask questions of and let us know when we are about to do something stupid with our buckets. I for one have gotten a lot from you guys. Whether it be directly on my build thread or indirectly through reading your comments on others.

That is the reason for that a web site. When I built my first t (my avatar) I had never seen a t bucket except in magazines. I guess that’s one reason it doesn’t look like any other t’s. Lol

That is the reason for that a web site. When I built my first t (my avatar) I had never seen a t bucket except in magazines. I guess that’s one reason it doesn’t look like any other t’s. Lol

I'm just guessing, but maybe you are a dinosaur and a pioneer ??? :rolleyes:

That's funny. My first attempt was when I was 18. Had no idea what I was doing or where to start. Needless to say it didn't work out well.

I got the bug again at around age 24 with no place to even build one. I remember having the body in the middle of my apartment living room.

This time at 55 I hope to finally get it right.

After I started driving mine I met a guy that built his car in his rental house. He put plywood over the living room rug and unplugged the stove for his welder. When he had it all done we took it out and reassembled it in the driveway and drove it away the next day. Blew the neighbors mind!

I was making post and it timed out! Here is the rest of my post. Sorry!

When you narrow the axle 8” and stretch the frame 60” thinking Ackerman will be close with stock steering arm is a dream! Only option is build your own! I started with the 3/8” rod on the front of spindle holding spindle straight. Tied string from center line of king pins to centerline of rear end. My steering arms will be 5” center of kingpin to center of tie rod end. That is the magic spot. Plumb Bob down and your golden.

DAMN FILES TO LARGE! Be back with pix!

Instead of trying to fit a whole chapter in one post, just write a paragraph. POST. then your next paragraph.

There is a maximum file size on this site, can't remember what it is, but go ahead and resize your pics, making sure they're under the maximum. Much easier to do it now and save them for when you upload them later.

Max file size is a paltry 1MB, . . it was probably adequate a decade or two, or three, ago, but it's woefully lacking in this day and age.

I've been using ACDSee for editing pics for websites for decades now and it's easy to use and awesome for the price, especially when on sale.

https://www.acdsee.com/en/store/

They have a free version and free trials for upgraded versions.

One of the aspects that I like about it for using here, is that it lets you choose picture quality settings when "saving as" after resizing.

I resize most of my pics for posting to 50% and depending on the original file size, pick a quality setting, (usually in the 60% to 85% range) based on the original file size so I keep it just under the 1MB limit.

Also noticed that since I started using my iPhone for pics, a lot of them are sideways or upside down, which is quick and easy to correct in ACDSee.

Ron Pope Motorsports                Advertise with Us!     
Back