Ron Pope Motorsports                California Custom Roadsters               

Birth of Long John

Word of caution. The flat axle end with the center point MAY not be 31 spline. Mine was from early style housing with 1/2” t bolts holding axles in and 29 splines.

287709277_758090988718562_7383314306602981379_n.jpg
This photo showed up on FaceBool this morning...........Go Long John.......

[QUOTE="old round fart, For those around during the good old days that brings back so many memories.[/QUOTE]

Does that mean we have to be older than dirt and actually remember what we did?
Hell fire, it's hard to remember what I did yesterday as the heat and humidity is killing.me. I'll soon be back to my shinny weight, maybe!

I'm working on trying to talk him out of it. Even if he doesn't finish it, it is something that gets him out of bed and into the shop. And when he is not in the shop he is thinking about about that better design in his easy chair. And when he is not in his easy chair, he is riding his 3-wheel recumbent bike. He lost about 40-50 lbs last summer riding several hundred miles.

What do the rest of you guys and gals think ??? .... Am I all wet with this concept ?

i imagine the decision didn't come easily.
Yes, but it's made from a bad place !

Good decisions are not made from a bad place, no matter how hard they are !

I can relate to just throwing in the towel... In thought. Been wrestling with the thought of selling all of my junk for a while... farm, rentals, cars, parts, tools, all of it. Honestly, if I didn’t hate dealing with opportunist a holes, I likely would have already done it. I still like the idea of it, spent many years collecting it, hate to think about losing it, but don't gain much enjoyment from it. Hard decision. I think maybe I got too involved with too many different things and let time and fate corner me. Putting yourself and your interests on the back burner so you can care and provide for others is a much steeper price than you realize. Just be sure before acting. Once it’s gone, it’s gone.

Good decisions are not made from a bad place, no matter how hard they are !

agreed 100%. i just don't know the man and cannot presume to know, nor judge, that he's not making the best choice for himself. maybe others are better informed. in any event he's likely not thrilled about the whole affair.

i just don't know the man and cannot presume to know, nor judge, that he's not making the best choice for himself.
Sorry, I was NOT trying to argue with you or pretend you don't know what you are talking about. I do know John, we get to together every few weeks to sometimes a month. I go to his place, but mostly I must admit he comes here. So yes I do know him on a personal level, so therefore my comment about "Good decisions are not ...... "

Once again sorry Snicklefritz, we all have the best of intentions here.

I’m feeling a lot better about my position in life. My wife is having health issues but they seem to be getting better. My biggest problem is an ATV my darlin wife bought for my 10 year old grandson. The electric starter doesn’t work and I can’t (haven’t yet) been able to figure it out! How simple can a starter circuit be? Talked to the dealership and he gave a couple of tips I’ll try tomorrow before it gets hot. Rick is the best thing I have going for me right now. You guys are missing out! Lol
I will finish this car and try to run the local Ice cream shop out of business!
LONG LIVE CARAMEL SHAKES!!! Lol

I’m feeling a lot better about my position in life. My wife is having health issues but they seem to be getting better. My biggest problem is an ATV my darlin wife bought for my 10 year old grandson. The electric starter doesn’t work and I can’t (haven’t yet) been able to figure it out! How simple can a starter circuit be? Talked to the dealership and he gave a couple of tips I’ll try tomorrow before it gets hot. Rick is the best thing I have going for me right now. You guys are missing out! Lol
Having a good friend is priceless. Most of mine are gone or going and no longer active in my life. Sometimes it’s hard to find motivation by yourself. Good luck finishing it. It will be very unique!

Sorry, I was NOT trying to argue with you or pretend you don't know what you are talking about. I do know John, we get to together every few weeks to sometimes a month. I go to his place, but mostly I must admit he comes here. So yes I do know him on a personal level, so therefore my comment about "Good decisions are not ...... "

Once again sorry Snicklefritz, we all have the best of intentions here.

i do appreciate the sentiment and i didn't take your comments negatively. just me trying to be humble... just to prove i remember how.

it's good to know there are good people out there looking out for other good people.

good to hear things are looking up! sincerely hoping the best for the wife as well.

Ron Pope Motorsports                Advertise with Us!     
Back