Ron Pope Motorsports                California Custom Roadsters               

Birth of Long John

Well I got off my butt and got my motor to the shop today. Had a hard time getting it out so I only did a little mock up. I made measurements to build a rolling stand to keep it at installed height and move the body and frame around until I like it then start making sparks! The file is to big so I'll work on that. It looks cool with the blower on it!

Tell us more about what you are doing to the motor, I like HP!

Now it is a stock Vortec 454 with a 671 blower on it. I'm going to see if it has enough power then I may play with drive pulleys and if that doesn't scare me enough I'll can it! I'm going to try Fitec fuel injection too.

Trying for pictures again. Nope not yet! Got my Photobucket account but can't get pix from phone into computer and can't get my cloud account to get to bucketeers! Get ready for a call Lee!

Last edited:
I went to Indy cars shop today to use his drill press to modify my tube notcher and he worked car computer magic on my frame ideas and it looks like they will work as planned. Can’t send them yet but will keep trying. Building pvc mock-up of front of frame tomorrow I hope. This will be fun!

OK guys! Got some stuff to show. I mocked up my frame from the firewall forward. Mostly to figure out my new tube notcher. This is what I ended up with:

Damn! File to big! I’m working on it!

Ron Pope Motorsports                Advertise with Us!     
Back