Ron Pope Motorsports                California Custom Roadsters               

Birth of Long John

That is for sure! I think by the time I get done I won’t be jealous enough to do anything like that! Lo!
How was the adventure to supper?

No problem with the car, but made reservation for the wrong night. Had to drive to
Lawton and spend the night, about 20 minute trip.

Drove to the top of Mt Scott and then came home on Sunday, home by 1 pm.

9AB27F44-D9D5-4F3B-ABB2-5776867FDB4E.jpeg Rick and I mocked up the frame today prior to finish welding tomorrow. This will be a HUGE hurdle to get over! This round tube notching is getting old! The remainder will be rectangular witch is much easier to deal with! Thanks Rick.

Attachments

• 29AD94CA-8C28-44D7-8C3F-E3C439D801AD.jpeg
    29AD94CA-8C28-44D7-8C3F-E3C439D801AD.jpeg
    341.3 KB · Views: 21
Spanky, I think it will be about 155” to 165”. I haven’t decided if I want to put the gas tank up front or in the bed with the radiator. I’ll decide that soon I guess as I need to build the rear of the frame. Rick is making me think about wires and battery placement. What a killjoy! Lol

View attachment 15116 Rick and I mocked up the frame today prior to finish welding tomorrow. This will be a HUGE hurdle to get over! This round tube notching is getting old! The remainder will be rectangular witch is much easier to deal with! Thanks Rick.
Nice! I understand the grief related to joining round stock. I used to do commercial construction for a while and got very tired of building hand rails, etc out of round stock. A lot of prep.

Well John, you got it right so far. That is going to be a real head turner when it hits the road. Always loved the look of a 'street dragster'.

Proportions are right, blower fits it like a glove and engine to firewall distance is spot on. Now, what color do you have in mind?

If it was mine I would have to go with a vertical steering column, just to make it that more outrageous.... ;)
G

Thanks Gerry. Haven’t decided on a color yet but you will like my first thought is yellow! The frame needs to go back to get the rectangular vertices behind the firewall. The motor will be 2” ahead of the firewall and the motor mount will be at the 1 1/2 vertical tube. I’m thinking it’s going to be different. Thanks for watching. John

I love this look . . street legal dragster . . . just awesome!

I must have missed it earlier, what are you planning for a transmission?

The vintage look screams powerglide, but modern drivability is perhaps the more important consideration.

The trans will be a 4l80e. Rick has a 400 r4 in his car and that made me want an overdrive trans. The Moon tank will probably make an appearance! Thanks for looking.

Oops! My bad! I looked at it and couldn’t figure why it looked funny. Gotta hurry with this project before I forget what I’m doing with all this stuff in my shop!

Nitro for sure makes it a new game. I have a friend that runs a BBC blown in an Anglia. He has been known to “tip the can” on special occasions. I’ll try to get him to school me! Lol

Ron Pope Motorsports                Advertise with Us!     
Back