Ron Pope Motorsports                California Custom Roadsters               

Birth of Long John

I’m still plugging along. Trying real hard to make pretty welds on the round tubes. I’m a novice at TIG but now with cool weather I can get more done. I’ll send a picture later to show progress. Thanks for watching.

Building these cars, the pressure comes from within.

i believe it and i figured the man doesn't need any green horn needling him along.

none of my projects have reached the level of accomplishment of a ground up build but even the satisfaction of fixing a daily driver rather than have a shop do it is bolstering; i can't imagine the result from a ground up project.

I’m still plugging along. Trying real hard to make pretty welds on the round tubes. I’m a novice at TIG but now with cool weather I can get more done. I’ll send a picture later to show progress. Thanks for watching.

You building a SHOW CAR or a driver? Does it have to be ISO certified? :D:D:D:D;);););)

My Tig is coming shortly, I am looking at the Everlast PowerTIG 200DV.
How do you like the tungsten grinder ? I was going to buy one but I thought I would make one instead.
It would be nice to have something dedicated for the job.

I love my grinder. I bought a grinder from eBay for $35 and a Dremmel from Lowe’s for $90 (its cordless. Corded was $50 I think) it does all 3 sizes but only one angle. I have seen grinders for 3angles for about same money. All I can say is practice and keep CLEAN! Let me know progress.

So far this is what I am working with

20181120_201350[1].jpg 20181120_201455[1].jpg

Now working on the bracket mount for the tungsten holder/cutter to get the angle correct.

Ya.. thats what I am working on. Its kinda like a grinder guard with jigs and a spot to cut my tungsten.
Even fixed an old foot pedal to operate.

Have you done any TIG welding? I took a 8 week course at the local tech school to see if I could get hands-foot-and-eyes to work together! They kinda do but you burn up a bunch rods before you get consistant pretty welds. I make a lot of gorilla welds (strong but ugly) but no w and then they are unugly!

Ron Pope Motorsports                Advertise with Us!     
Back