Ron Pope Motorsports                California Custom Roadsters               

"Black Dahlia"

The friend building my engine is swamped with business. He's a very skilled metal fabricator and that's his major source of income. I dropped off the parts for my engine and told him, "Call me when it's done." Since I'm still job hunting there's no reason to rush perfection. When I dropped off my parts, he had 2 BBC on engine stands and told me I was in line, but I wouldn't be disappointed. My little sisters death caught me by surprise, but I'm moving on. She knew nothing about Hot Rods, but she encouraged me to do what makes me creative and happy. So, that's what I'm doing. Moving forward.

So, today I called my engine guy and he gave me some good news. He wanted to know if I'd rather have a 327 SBC or a 350. I opted for a 327. A very nice traditional engine with a good power range. He has a friend with an OEM intake and is going to swap my Edelbrock intake for it.

I've got 3 job interviews next week. I'm in a good place right now.

Back.... :)

Updates, hopefully, coming soon.

full

327's are awesome engines, Fred. I'll never forget my first ride in a 350 HP 327 cu in Chevy 2! Wow!!!

PS - Blessings to you on the job interviews!:thumbsup::thumbsup::thumbsup:

Looking good, Fred.......I like your avatar on H.A.M.B., I think my Dad had that picture on his tool box in the early 60's. :D You're a classic, Mr. Fred.

Last edited:
Well, nothing to do today. Still waiting for word from my interviews. So, I thought it had been a while, since I rolled my project into the sunlight. 100+ degrees, so I didn't spend a lot of time posing, but it felt good to play with the old girl.:) Man..... I love black cars.

full

full

full

looking good! i feel like a real nancy because my daily driver is black, for the moment without a/c, and on hot new england days it really sucks. not to mention thanks to my scottish blood i tend to go from ghostly white to lobster red to bursting into flames.

best wishes on your job prospects.

Fred, what are you doing for windshield /posts? tail lights? what length tie rod do you need?

Fred, what are you doing for windshield /posts? tail lights? what length tie rod do you need?

Windshield will come from CCR, so it'll fit their body. I'm going with '37 Ford tail lights. No drag link yet. I'll need to get the steering box installed to get a measurement.

Well, I FINALLY got a job. I start Monday. So, in a few weeks, I'll be dumping my spare money into my addiction.:) I'm starting in an assembly plant, then in a few months, I plan to move into their warehouse. It sucks starting at the "bottom", but I'm confident I can move up quickly.

Congratulations, Fred. That makes me happy-happy-happy!:D We've missed your frequent posts on this site.

Thanks, Spanky. But guess what.... 5 minutes ago, they called me back. A warehouse supervisor noticed my resume and wants me to come in Friday and interview for a position in the warehouse as a Receiving Clerk (which was my last job). Better pay and great hours! WOW! I might go buy a lotto ticket!

Ron Pope Motorsports                Advertise with Us!     
Back