Ron Pope Motorsports                California Custom Roadsters               

Blower drive

31 bucket

I'm probably going to ask lots of questions. There are new things I need help with. Just noticed the lower drive pulley has a wobble to it. Not real bad but makes me nervous. It's bolted to a B and M balancer. Plus the belt seems loose. Quite a bit of deflection. Any ideas on this or am I over thinking things

Mine has a little wobble also. It doesn't seem to hurt anything. The belt should have about 1-1/2" of total play on the long side.

Mine has a little wobble also. It doesn't seem to hurt anything. The belt should have about 1-1/2" of total play on the long side.
When cold. The BDS manual says 1/4" hot, 3/4" cold. Your mileage may vary.

Last edited:
Does the manual say that's for total deflection or just one way?
3/4" deflection from a standing position so a total of 1 1/2" deflection from extreme to extreme when cold. Similar for the 1/4" deflection when hot.

I'm probably going to ask lots of questions. There are new things I need help with. Just noticed the lower drive pulley has a wobble to it. Not real bad but makes me nervous. It's bolted to a B and M balancer. Plus the belt seems loose. Quite a bit of deflection. Any ideas on this or am I over thinking things
I have not noticed any wobble in mine, but now I have to look.

Ron Pope Motorsports                Advertise with Us!     
Back