Ron Pope Motorsports                California Custom Roadsters               

Body for 6'-2", 300# guy

I went and looked at the Okie body. Super nice guy and very nice stuff, just to pricey for my budget. Retirement took a beating with the stock market. The CHANGE..... not so hot!

I have a 23 body that has a 27 cowl grafted onto it. It is widened to the 27 width with the extra room. I am located 250 miles away in White House TN. Here is a link to a slide show when I had it for sale on craigs list. I would take $650 for the body.

The same old story...If I only ad the cash on hand :cry:

I have a 23 body that has a 27 cowl grafted onto it. It is widened to the 27 width with the extra room. I am located 250 miles away in White House TN. Here is a link to a slide show when I had it for sale on craigs list. I would take $650 for the body.

Let's talk about this... I'm definitely interested. I'm at work right now and can't see the pics. Let me take a look at them this weekend and I'll communicate with you. We are buying a body in the next few weeks so that we can start on the frame. I've also talked to RPM and the guy wants me to come down and take a look at this buckets and frames and such. Will be doing that in the next few weeks also... thanks for all the info, guys! I'm now convinced that I can keep this build under the $6k mark like I originally wanted.

Let's talk about this... I'm definitely interested. I'm at work right now and can't see the pics. Let me take a look at them this weekend and I'll communicate with you. We are buying a body in the next few weeks so that we can start on the frame. I've also talked to RPM and the guy wants me to come down and take a look at this buckets and frames and such. Will be doing that in the next few weeks also... thanks for all the info, guys! I'm now convinced that I can keep this build under the $6k mark like I originally wanted.

You might BUILD it for $6000.00, but it won't be FINNISHED for that price!

Some are never finished. You can build a nice finished bucket for under $6000. Just have to chose the parts wisely and get a cheap donor car.

That's what I did, still $6800.00. But you know go fast goodies and chrome cost big bucks.$$$

IF !! you can weld & fabricate , do most everything yourself , cruise swapmeets & you're friends stash piles ,junkyards, & scout out deals , you can easily build a nice bucket for WAY under $5K... I've got about &3200 in mine .. done 12 years ago.

dave

IF !! you can weld & fabricate , do most everything yourself , cruise swapmeets & you're friends stash piles ,junkyards, & scout out deals , you can easily build a nice bucket for WAY under $5K... I've got about &3200 in mine .. done 12 years ago.

dave

I built all on my bucket and still cost that much. Buying some from RPM now to do second bucket. Bet it will still cost close to $6000.00.

Build to your budget and stick to it. You can add the better "goodies" during the long winter months. $3000 or $30,000 who's keeping score?

You always find something to add. Quit counting the dollars along time ago will just drive you crazy.

When we entered the T-bucket market out motto was "A hotrod at a price you can afford" and for years we focused on low cost but as we added value to our kit with the insert, door, upholstery, and many other features our Motto became "It's about the experience". With our new move I'm like a kid in a candy store. We have lots of space and equipment that will make us much more productive. I believe Spirit already has the best kit on the market being the most complete, best engineered for both assembly and reliability, and gives you valve for your dollar. NOW we are going back to our roots. For the person on a budget we want your business. We will be offering a bucket no floor with a frame package and a bucket no floor with a bracket kit package for a price so low that our competition will be wondering "how can they do that". The only question now is how can we do that and how can we go. We have been working on that question all weekend and by Monday we will have the answer to how much will it be.

You always find something to add. Quit counting the dollars along time ago will just drive you crazy.

I agree with Mike J & WMG...I save the receipts for all of my projects but never add them up. I don't want to know.

My wife, being a former bookkeeper and CFO of the house, keeps VERY accurate records of the cost to build both of our cars. She never complains about the costs but I MUST give her a receipt for EVERYTHING no matter how small or large the bill may be. Having done things in this manner has helped in getting a good insurance appraisals on both cars.

Jim

I always tell my wife it's a safety item and I have to have it! She did wonder how my fancy gear shift knob made the car safer. Told her it would keep my hand from slippin off ! I'm scared to add stuff up to see how much I've spent.

I always tell my wife it's a safety item and I have to have it! She did wonder how my fancy gear shift knob made the car safer. Told her it would keep my hand from slippin off ! I'm scared to add stuff up to see how much I've spent.

I was careful.My upholstery guy laughed at me when I told him I was building my T on a budget. The Grand Total came to about $16,000.00 Which in comparison to other rods it was the least expensive.

What is a RPU 27 body? I may sound naive. I sure like the look of a 27T body (looking more like a 32 Ford) . I'm a very frugal person, but a good friend told me that, if you think too much about the money when it comes to your pashun (spelled how?) you will ruin the experience!
Mark

What he said!.

Basically the 1926-27 version of the more typical 1923-25 "bucket". Think of the 26-27' roadster minus the turtle deck. They have a longer cowl, wider doors, and are a few inches wider than the 23-25' buckets. Unfortunately they tend to be pricey. My only real reason for opting for the 27' over a stretched 23-25' like RPM offers is the wider doors. I have DJD and a bone spur pressing on my spinal cord...anything that will make getting in and out easier is HUGE fore me.

Ron Pope Motorsports                Advertise with Us!     
Back