Ron Pope Motorsports                California Custom Roadsters               

Body Wooding

jimbo01

Hello Everyone,
I've looked at all of the pictures and information on body wooding. I'm kind of confused as to what the correct way is to get this job done per my application. It looks like there are as many ways to do this as there are members here? I've included a picture of what I'm thinking of doing. I do not intend on running ribs all around the body like I have in the sides, just to the corners and then concentrate on the top edge or lip with only a few ribs in the back. I'll also be running a bed bolted to the body and then have a floor in it bolted to the frame. Any insight would get me back up and going again. My plan is to use luann to to hold upholstery and maybe cut into 3 sections on the side for a pattern.
I'm also curious as to what the best way is to get the bed lined up and mounted to the body? How many people do I need to get together to get this job done? looks like one person per side, one person on the back making sure it is lined up and level and one person ready with the drill.
I also introduced myself last night, but will do it again. I'm Jim from Michigan and this is my first T-Bucket build. I have already built my frame and as the picture shows, I have the floor in and body channeled. I have the frame temporally premiered due to winter being right around the corner and having a wood burner in the garage and don't feel like fighting rust after all the warm and cold cycles.
I don't have any people to ask in this area to ask for help with T-Buckets. For some reason they aren't very popular around here. I've learned a lot and very much enjoyed this site. Three months ago I did see a T-Bucket at a car show and it got my wheels a turning. I came home and started doing some research and that's how I stumbled on this site. I also found Youngster's plans and made use of them with a couple of my own changes. Anyways, I could use some help on the questions mentioned above if any of you care to offer advice.

Thank you

Jim

Attachments

• 100_4545.jpg
    100_4545.jpg
    64.7 KB · Views: 161
Here is how I did mine:

http://www.netquickp...pr+2011+002.JPG

Start there and it should show my process.

I did a 5-7 inch border along the top, full firewall, and I did the full passenger door side if I decide to make it functional at a later date.

I did the top strictly so I could have something to screw into and for a bit of strength. Instead of using wood to stiffen the body I added 3-6 full layers of fiberglass on the sides to accomplish that.

Ron Pope Motorsports                Advertise with Us!     
Back