Ron Pope Motorsports                California Custom Roadsters               

Brake M/C Part # & Notes

Baby Huey

I try to keep track of part numbers that are posted, I have a "address book" that is Alphabetized that I keep the notes and part numbers in. Saves time looking for a scrap of paper in my wallet everytime I need a part number or someone askes a question..
Here are a few Brake Part Numbers and maybe a note or two.....:cool: "BH"
Master Cylinders...
NAPA # 37039, 7/8" bore
NAPA # 39004, 3/4" bore (Vega)
NAPA # 36440, 7/8" bore
Raybestos M/C 36300, 3/4" bore (73 Vega w/o power brakes.
Ford Fairmont 78-81, 7/8" bore

M/C Notes: For Drum systems try M/C from 73 Dodge Dart.

Brake Note: The fittings for the Vega M/C's are kinda hard to find (atleast for me) separately...Here are a couple part numbers for "adapter tubes" from NAPA. These are short pieces of brake tubing with the nuts installed and flared...Buy the adapter tubes, cut off the flares and use the nuts... :neutral:
NAPA # 813-1155 ,3/16" tube,Small Thread
NAPA# 813-1158 , 3/16" tube,Large Thread

DUAL Master Cylinders ( hyd clutch/brakes)
Raybestos part # MC36155 ( International truck , 1"bore,4 bolt flange)
Raybestos part # MC34404 ( Chevrolet truck, 1 1/8" bore, 3 bolt flange)
Raybestos part # SC 19097, (Hyd. Clutch Slave Cyl.)

Here are some handy links for Pedal Ratio and other Brake related items:
Brake Pedal: The number one cause of a very hard brake pedal is pedal ratio.

Brake trouble shooting

BrakeCylinder.com--Odds and Ends

http://www.stoptech.com/tech_info/PedalSetup-DualMaster-Guide.pdf

Mark Williams Enterprises - Brake Technical Information

StopTech : Balanced Brake Upgrades

I hope this helps you out....... :cool: "BH"

I like the address book idea BH. that's really hand, I'll bet. I have used a '67 Mustang m/c with good results on drum/drum non-power set ups. NAPA #101485

Be sure you are measuring from the pedal pad to the pivot when you're figuring the pedal ratio. More than once I've seen people measure the length of the pedal arm.

Ron

Youngster said:
I like the address book idea BH. that's really hand, I'll bet. I have used a '67 Mustang m/c with good results on drum/drum non-power set ups. NAPA #101485

Be sure you are measuring from the pedal pad to the pivot when you're figuring the pedal ratio. More than once I've seen people measure the length of the pedal arm.

Ron

I have a couple pages of drawings (100% scale) of the brake pedal arm and the plunger and M/C...
I measured the depth of the M/C plunger rod at full push (empty) and then layed out the two parts and started playing with the position of the hole in the pedal arm in relation to the plunger rod hole and layed out all the different locations of the pedal at full travel until i had a suitable working unit. (I thought..).
Now I have to build a couple different pedal arms to see which one will fit best in the car. But I have to bolt on the body first before I can do that....:eek: "BH"

I had to build 4 or 5 out of thin aluminum before I got one that worked right. Hey that's part of the fun.

Ron Pope Motorsports                Advertise with Us!     
Back