Ron Pope Motorsports                California Custom Roadsters               

brake system ???

v8danh

got all my brake lines plumbed in and checked for leaks using my air compressor with about 130 psi air pressure i now have no leaks with air.will this be sufficiant to assume no leaks when i put brake fluid in and bleed the system?and will i need to bench bleed the master cylender if i use a vacume bleeder? thanks Dan.oh yea does any one know where i can find a male to female 45 degreee -3 AN adaptor.

The leaks will show up if you have any, but it looks like you may have it covered. I'd bleed the master cylinder. As for the fittings, Speedway should have ya covered.

thanks Fred,i think i will pick up one of those one man bleeder kits you mentioned in one of your erlier posts.and bench bleed the mc today .i havent seen any fittings that would work on speedways website or catalog but i will give them a call today and see if they have anything that is not listed .thanks again Dan.

v8danh said:
got all my brake lines plumbed in and checked for leaks using my air compressor with about 130 psi air pressure i now have no leaks with air.will this be sufficiant to assume no leaks when i put brake fluid in and bleed the system?and will i need to bench bleed the master cylender if i use a vacume bleeder? thanks Dan.oh yea does any one know where i can find a male to female 45 degreee -3 AN adaptor.

I've checked all of the places I know of for fittings and the only one I found is made by Russell and it's not a brake fitting.

http://www.russellperformance.com/mc/adapt_fit/an.shtml

hey Ron,i didn't even think about them being aluminum.but you will be happy to know i got by without them any way.i managed to get under the mounting tabs with a rubber hammer handle and bend them just a little and got about 1 1/2"to 2" clearance.i think it will be ok now even in an extreme case if it hits it will only hit the flex lines i just wanted some extra clearance so the stainless lines wouldn't scratch the radius rods.lol.i allready have to do some touch up work where they rubbed when i tested the limited clearance i had to begin with. about 1/2" was what i had before.didn't get a chance to bleed them today had to go to my daughters talent show.maybe tomar i can get them bled and finish plumbing my trans cooler.thanks for all the help guys.Dan

thanks Ron,i have been ready since about march of last year and especialy after the ride in yours.lol.just the bucket aint quite ready yet.still got quite a bit to do yet but i feel it wont be too much longer.got the chassis almost finished still have to bleed the brakes,shorten the driveshaft,the radiator hoses,and a few other odds and ends.then i have to do finish the body work and put some paint on it.and then comes the wiring and interior.i was hoping to be on the road by june 1 but looks more like june 15.i have realy been putting in some time on it after work and days off when i get them.loli am still trying not to get in a hurry but it is real hard.lol i will have some more pics soon.Dan

Ron Pope Motorsports                Advertise with Us!     
Back